Tj max?

Tjunction is 100°C for the SB chips if I remember correctly. GTA4 is very CPU dependent... but it should throttle itself in case it gets too hot... I recommend making some log files during the next gaming session, GPU and CPU.

Exactly see what kind of speeds you are reaching and the temps while gaming in GTA 4. That game, max settings can cripple a top end computer of even today. Call it bad coding. It wasn't built for PC and was sloppily ported over...

1. Can you duplicate the shutdown? (if so give us full details on how you replicated the shutdown)

2. Are you monitoring temps? if so what tools or logs and can you post the results please?

3. Does this happen in any other game? Push the machine hard to see if it happens in other games (within reason)

Please keep us posted. i am interested in hearing this.

BW,

Stevenx

Well gaming on m14x as we all may know is not ideal in terms of heat, some of you may use a cooler others (such as myself) just raise the back a bit.

honestly the normal temps i see when playing GTA4 is about 89*C keep in mind that this is with the back raised about 1.5 inches.

today, as i stated i was messing with the GFX settings and i had the GFX card OC'd to 750/1500/1080 and again with the back raised it reaches 89*C but this is after 1.5-2Hrs of gaming. but the starge thing is that after 15min MAX (more like 10 but for the benefit of the doubt) it must of hit the TJ because the computer just shut off, ive never had this happen before and after that happened i played RE5 for about 2hrs with the back NOT raised, and that did not get over 85*C.

Note:

i have never opened the computer, aside from swapping the HDD with a SSD.