MSI GT70 0ND - Upgrading Video card

Saraph

Hi

I own one MSI GT70-0NC with a GTX 670M I would like to know the upgrade possibilities. I was thinking to upgrade to a 970M but I am seeing I can be problems with the msi notebook bios or the new 970 bios if it is not msi.

Can you tell me what must I upgrade to be 100% compatible? If I can upgrade the laptop bios first I can have it prepared for the video bios.

thanks in advance.

First look for @iTzZent. He's got the latest bios for GT60 (16F3)/70(1762). The 51x bios with T18 firmware. He said that bios can read from 6xx,7xx,8xx, up to 9xxm nvidia cards.. Or you can browse here his many posts...

I've successfully updated my GT60 (16F3) with the 51x bios... I'm just waiting for some people to try out the new 980/970m gpu's with this NB.. Still saving to get me one until This December.

@omega939 i´ve not say, that the GTX9**M will work, but i think it... But as long as the part number of the GT60/GT70 2QD Heatsink is not known, and that they also can not buy, no GTX9 ** M will work in any older GT60/GT70.

@mkg use the 51x Bios and T24 EC Firmware from my attachment (both include). Than will the GTX770M works perfectly.

1762 51x.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you want the new card to be recognized by your OS after flashing the bios, you need to download the latest Nvidia driver and open it with winrar to customize it from inside with the ID of your hardware.

Te only issue is that you must redo the same operation anytime you want to upgrade your drivers.

Here's a link to a tutorial in french, you may need to translate it...

[Tuto] Upgrade P4G Avec Gpu Non Oem - Cartes Graphiques - Portables4Gamers

That's not quite right. It only requires a modified driver if the card does not come from MSI. Once the card comes from MSI, it works plug and play. I use myself in my GT70 0ND (with MS-16F31 motherboard: D) a MSI GTX770M 3GB with a OC vBIOS and do not need the modified driver. I use the Bios version 51x and T18 EC firmware (for a GT70 MS-1762 motherboard you have to use the T24 EC Firmware)

• 1 year later...
On 03.11.2014 at 7:21 AM, iTzZent said:

@omega939 i´ve not say, that the GTX9**M will work, but i think it... But as long as the part number of the GT60/GT70 2QD Heatsink is not known, and that they also can not buy, no GTX9 ** M will work in any older GT60/GT70.

@mkg use the 51x Bios and T24 EC Firmware from my attachment (both include). Than will the GTX770M works perfectly.

1762 51x.zip

My NB 1762 Barebone . Upgrade 670m to 970m. Install driver and see 970m but not switch gpu 970m  . Render intel hd4000. share with me bios ? Thnx

Edited by hyperalika

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I myself have just installed Clevo 780M into GT70 17621 motherboard.  It seem working good since flashed Clevo card with MSI vBIOS from TechPowerUp.  But playing CS GO,  I have some slow downs in parts of the map.  FPS goes from 13 and 60 max.  Up and down, depending on where while playing.  My BIOS where it say ME under system information, has nothing.  Is the EC firmware not present? 
and plus

We never got an update from JGrimm, post above me, so i guess,  ...........Dead Thread revival with this post?  I am about to try to use Itzzent's 1762 EC firmware package posted 3rd post down from top.

Update: T24 EC Firmware updated successfully in Win 7 64bit.  Changed EC firmware V5.06 to T24

Edited by Bizeek

• 3 years later...