M18X Sound quality and SoundBlaster Software

JapzT

He Guys!

My M18X is comming in 3 weeks or so and im intrested in the oppinion of the sound of the laptop and the quality of the headphone out and stuff.

Also im wondering if someone can tell me if the SoundBlaster MB software really makes a difference ?! And how it works !?

Can this make my stereo headset more of a surround sound headphone ?!

JapzT

(sorry for my english im from europe)

Edited by JapzT

• Founder
He Guys!

My M18X is comming in 3 weeks or so and im intrested in the oppinion of the sound of the laptop and the quality of the headphone out and stuff.

Also im wondering if someone can tell me if the SoundBlaster MB software really makes a difference ?! And how it works !?

Can this make my stereo headset more of a surround sound headphone ?!

JapzT

(sorry for my english im from europe)

Hi JapzT, welcome to T|I! Your English is just fine. So far I have not noticed any crackling from the speakers or while the headphones are plugged in which is a good thing since I did have it with the M17x-R2. I do not think the Soundblaster software is worth purchasing unless you like Creative's custom EQ and sound effects.

Hi JapzT welcome to TI, when it comes to the sound in the M18x I believe is pretty decent, hardware based you got the Klipsch speakers which by their own right are pretty decent. Software base as usual there is an IDT sound drive enhance with the sound blaster software branded under Dell if you payed the extra 20 bucks(which I did) .

Now off course if you need something better like the M-Audio usb external sound cards or you can pick up the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! for like $39 us.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

What im looking for is something to make the sound for my stereo headphones.

I got very good inear Razor earphones and i really looking for good sound from the laptops OUTPUT.

(http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418600/categoryId.35096300)

I'm really hoping for a 3d/suround sound affect on my earphones, anyone got some extra idea's on that ?!

Edited by JapzT

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

What im looking for is something to make the sound for my stereo headphones.

I got very good inear Razor earphones and i really looking for good sound from the laptops OUTPUT.

(Buy Razer Moray+ Gaming Earphones and Headset | Official Razer)

I'm really hoping for a 3d/suround sound affect on my earphones, anyone got some extra idea's on that ?!

The SRS Sandbox can be purchased as Warp(d)Alien mentioned and I have used it... I also agree i can produce great surround like effects from a stereo output.

I'm picking up these with my M18x order...

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11033604#specifications

Edited by mw86

The SRS Sandbox can be purchased as Warp(d)Alien mentioned and I have used it... I also agree i can produce great surround like effects from a stereo output.

I'm picking up these with my M18x order...

MDR-V900HD | Studio Monitor Series Headphones | Sony | SonyStyle USA

mw86 I been working in audio professionally for about 20 years, let me give you some advice.

Sony products are good when it came to TV's and stereos, their Headsets are decent but nothing that commands that price.

I am just being honest, if you really are looking to spend that much money on a headset might I recommend you go to the AKG website AKG START and read about their products, those are true reference True studio products, not make pretend studio where the pump up the bass and call it pro series.

Any of those headphones like Beats(drDre), SkullCandy, Sony and most of the brands you find at BestBuy are not that good(close to useless), they consumer electronics, you know, for people who only buy for how it looks, not for how it sounds(no phun intended)

The only decent Headset I got at BestBuy where the Koss, and those where like 50 bucks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a nice old set of Optimus... they are wonderful. Also a pair of Sennheiser which also sound wonderful... But age got to them so the cables have line breaks in them or something (they seem to be replaceable since they unplug right from ear piece). I completely agree that mostly any Sony Headphones are poo. I looked at their Xtreme bass ones you are reffering to, and yes they are pointless. I like the headphones I picked because of 3000mw handling, 5-80,000hz response... 50mm drivers. I will later on probably get true studio quality headphone monitors. For now Dell sells those sony's for around $150 not $250. I have $5,800+ that Dell owes me and I see adding various things like that is the only way to get my moneys worth. I am okay with those headphones... but if anyone knows of a better headphone product sold through Dell's website then I'm all ears for close to same price can be over. Like I said at a later date I may pick up real studio quality headphones like the brand AKG you posted eventually. I am also buying a Fuji camera in the same way... It's the model listed with 14megapixel and 30X optical zoom (woot) it's around $300 something. I am all ears on suggestions. But those razer headphones have the worst handling I have ever seen. Thanks for the input I'll take any suggestions. I won't be plugging into laptop but directly into a reciever so high MW handlng will be important. Thanks guys...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I'd like to recommend a headset, it's nothing fancy or super professional but the quality of sound they produce is amazing.

I am talking about the Koss PortaPro, i believe they've been around since the 80's and their design didn't change since :)

Also, Koss gives a lifetime warranty on them, i personally got 2 exchanges for new sets within the last 5 years for free.

Wonder if you guys know of those or have any opinions on them vs a professional headset.

• Thumbs Up 1