A year and a half later, at full potential (mods/overclock/overvolt) - 680M vs 7970M?

I'm not asking which one is better, but for insight on how they perform compared to eachother at this point. What is the current state of these two cards? How well do they perform at their full potential, which means the best drivers (including custom OC VBIOS for 680M from here) for each card, and overvolted/overclocked as much as possible while remaining stable (for the average quality card with adequate cooling). Also, the 680M is the 2GB version, so ignore VRAM differences. Bonus points for recent benchmarks :)

Yes svl7 is right. Benchmarks tend to slightly favor the 680m, but in real games the cards trade blows. On average I think a 680m is a slightly better card, but a good 7970m will be superior to an average 680m. I had a 680m that I killed accidentally and replaced it with a 7970m. For the games I mostly play, the 7970m is actually the better card. In the games the 680m is better, the 7970m still maintains solid 60fps with the game maxed out anyway.

It really depends on what games you play.

Thanks for the input guys. I was under the impression that the 680M overclocked to noticeably higher performance than the 7970M, with OC-tuned custom VBIOS, but it sounds like I was wrong. I'd considered swapping out my 7970M for a 680M 2GB, since I could swap for a $20-40 price difference, but it seems like it wouldn't be worth it, especially since my 7970M hits 1.1GHz reasonably stable.