Optimus Problem

hans123

Hey i have a problem with the nvidea optimus technology. Always if i want to play games optimus uses the intel gpu but not the nvidea one. i have asign all the games manually in the nvidea control cemter to use the nvidea gpu.....

please help!

• 3 weeks later...

Optimus is a pain in the *ss, especially when it comes to 3d stereoscopic gaming.

In short, it is a hardware problem - all signals are passing through iGPU (intel), so 3d Vision on Nvidia dGPU for example cannot be activated.

The rare exceptions are few gaming laptop with 120Hz screens - where the dGPU is connected directly to the output video connectors.

Hope it helps.

• 4 months later...

I had the same proplem with my gtx680m and optimus ..There is no chance deactivate optimus for 3d streoscopic gaming or forcing to turn off always..the only solution would be to use a 3rd party software like tridef 3d .There is a 14 day free Trial

I remember once I encountered the problem, after investigations, I found my anti-virus software were to blame. I didnt know about the mechanism, but I uninstalled the software and optimus operated normally then. I guess you can investigate if there are any software interrupting your optimus. Hope it can help!

I had this problem to with one Game Diablo 3 ... Have tried everything to solve this problem ... .The reason was a beta driver of the nvidia card changed the driver and it worked.

You could also try to edit settings in nvidia inspector to fix your problem!. That also solve some issues sometimes

I'd also recommend getting the latest version of the Intel graphics driver for your iGP, since as best I understand it the two drivers have to talk to each-other for optimus to work correctly. You can force an application to use a particular GPU via the NVidia control-panel (just create a profile for the application under 3d application settings and set the preferred GPU to 'High Performance NVidia'), or in some cases via a windows context menu.

My biggest problem with Optimus is trying to get good results with vsync. Forcing vsync in the NVidia panel enables it for some things, but others (most specifically OpenGL applications) refuse to sync but still cap to 60fps, resulting in horrendous right-in-the-centre-of-your-screen tearing. If anyone has a good solution to that one I'm all ears.