Prema Mod BIOS GPU OC Edition for MSI GE-Series

Hi,

First of all, thanks for taking the time the make this all possible to the public.

I have a MSI GE60 405NL and I'm kinda new to flashing and stuff and I'm going to try this. Watched some msi flashing tutorial and with some reading I think I should be able to fix this.

1 question I have for you is: Will i lose my warranty on my laptop when I flash my bios?

Cheers,

Boris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

First of all, thanks for taking the time the make this all possible to the public.

I have a MSI GE60 405NL and I'm kinda new to flashing and stuff and I'm going to try this. Watched some msi flashing tutorial and with some reading I think I should be able to fix this.

1 question I have for you is: Will i lose my warranty on my laptop when I flash my bios?

Cheers,

Boris

I think it will break the warranty with no doubt.....

Will this work on the latest model of GE70 (0ND) with GTX660M?

Yes. GE series 0NC and 0ND, with 650M and 660M all them have the same bioses. The only 2 differences are Windows version and models 60 or 70 of course.

Has anyone tried to flash the win7 Bios with a USB Stick larger than 512MB ??? The oldest one I still have is a "1GB Corsair Flash Voyager USB2.0"

If anyone had problems with > 512MB did the flash software refuse to flash the bios or did it even lock up your system because of flash error ???

post-13004-14494995181815_thumb.jpg

MSI strongly recomends this < 512MB in their flashing manual as know from POST NO. 1

Why would It make a difference if the usb stick is greater in size than 523 kb? I actually am asking this.. not just flaming, I actually want to know because ive not seen a flash drive less than 2gigabytes in years and the smallest I have is 32 gigabyte... or mayybbeeeeeee an old 16 gb layin around somewhere.. but I need to flash this bios,, as I hate not having ANY options in my bios lol and now I see that there could possibly be an issue for some crazy reason ive never heard of with a drive greater than 512 kb?!? I really want to know,, does anybody know why it might be an issue? or an experience trying this with any standard modern flash drive?

@jackff

MSI strongly recomends this < 512MB in their flashing manual as know from POST NO. 1

And you used your 8GB USB Stick for a Win7 bios flash without problems?

My notebook - ge70 with dos - now - win7 with new bios) I have a flash drive only 8, 4 and 32 gigabytes.And yes, I have had no problems - do not forget the ones that the flash drive must be FAT or FAT32 - ntfs not work - does not run dos)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> GREAT - The Win7 Bios ( GE70_E1756IMS.10F_OC) works perfect !!!

I used my 1GB Corsair USB2.0 Stick and followed the flashing instructions and had no problems with the < 512MB.

Now my MSI-GE70 is unlocked for overclock !!!

post-13004-1449499531754_thumb.png

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Basic: GPU: 835MHz RAM: 1250MHz (2500MHz) Temperature: 89 C

Stable Overclock: GPU: 1100MHz RAM: 1500 MHz (3000MHz) Temperature: 92 C (@93 C throtteling)

I have already replaced the standard Thermal Compound with Arctic MX-4 thermal compound.

Thanks again PERMA !!!

post-13004-14494995316216_thumb.jpg

@Username, do not OC Memory to 3000 especially if your temperature is 90C. 1st thing is that it gives as little as no difference when you OC it above 2500-2600MHz on our 650M-660M. And the 2-nd is that it has higher chance to die... and what profit?

Use notebook cooler like Notepal U3. I reach 90 only using 1180/2500

EDIT: WOW!!! You have very good overclock up to 1215Mhz and it is stable after 5 minutes in Furmark? If you have FullHD maybe you try 1080p to test?

Could you post your ASIC quality of your GPU? Use GPU-z for this.

P.S. I used 2GB SD card in old USB card reader for flashing BIOS. I did it before and doing now. It never felt me. I believe there is no difference in what you are using.

1368869473-clip-51kb.jpg

Looks like 660M has better chips.

@Username, do not OC Memory to 3000 especially if your temperature is 90C. 1st thing is that it gives as little as no difference when you OC it above 2500-2600MHz on our 650M-660M. And the 2-nd is that it has higher chance to die... and what profit?

Use notebook cooler like Notepal U3. I reach 90 only using 1180/2500

EDIT: WOW!!! You have very good overclock up to 1215Mhz and it is stable after 5 minutes in Furmark? If you have FullHD maybe you try 1080p to test?

Could you post your ASIC quality of your GPU? Use GPU-z for this.

P.S. I used 2GB SD card in old USB card reader for flashing BIOS. I did it before and doing now. It never felt me. I believe there is no difference in what you are using.

1368869473-clip-51kb.jpg

Looks like 660M has better chips.

Here is the screenshot from FurMark and GPU-Z with ASIC Quality.

post-13004-14494995319704_thumb.png

Burn-In 1920x1080 Furmark v1.10.6 Score 1388 @ 91 Celsius

(GPU 1215MHz ; RAM 3000MHz)

ASIC Quality via GPU-Z v.0.7.0: 85,4%

The Ram feels like same Temperature to the touch if at standard 2500MHz or at high overclock 3000MHz. The bigger NVidia Card run the Ram up to 3100MHz standard. And yes, I also noticed that there is no noticeable Benchmark difference if I set standard setting or OC on Ram.

Here you go. Your ASIC quality is much better than mine so you get better results.

When you say bigger cards you mean desktop's? How can you be sure that they use the same memory chips?

Hello thank you very much for files but he(it) is lacking 514ocfix in the archive GE60_E16GAIMS.514_WIN8_OC.zip.

Good day.

The file will be created from your own BIOS dump!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. IMPORTANT >>> Flash stock E16GAIMS.514 BIOS first!!!

2. Boot into pure DOS & run step1.bat, step2.exe, step3.bat

@James D Of course I can not be sure that it is the same Ram Module as in the Desktop versions but it is very likely that we have the same procedures as NV does with the GPU chips. Higher quality from the same production line chip type is run at higher MHz. Desktop GPUs are used as mobile GPUs with their only difference being lower MHZ and lower Volts and sometimes some Parts of the GPU are disabled in the mobile version but its still the same chip. I know from older graphic cards (DDR3) how it looks like if you take the Ram too far and just going down with the frequency very little 10-50 MHz that the "Artifacts" disappear and the Ram ran for years without later artifacts of even complete failure. My Ram modules from the MSI-GE70 660m @2500 MHz standard show no sign of artifacts even at 3100MHz (I have not tried to find there max OC). I just overclock it to 3000 MHz because of the look of it. This is "only" a MHz increase of 20% on the Ram. The GPU is overclocked by 31,3%.

Edit: For DAILY gaming I set: 1140MHz GPU in Boost @84C & 1450 / 2900 MHz RAM

The file will be created from your own BIOS dump!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. IMPORTANT >>> Flash stock E16GAIMS.514 BIOS first!!!

2. Boot into pure DOS & run step1.bat, step2.exe, step3.bat

Thank you very much for your help(assistant) but when I make the second stage I have the following message:

this program cannot be run in dos mode

Thank you very much for your help(assistant) but when I make the second stage I have the following message:

this program cannot be run in dos mode

Sorry my bad!

Run step2.exe in Windows to create the file...

Sorry my bad!

Run step2.exe in Windows to create the file...

Thank you everything works prema too satisfied.

At the level of the graphic clock in how much I can rise?

Could anyone aid me in flashing these bios files? I know how to install the msi official upgrades easily but I just can't seem to get a rufus dos formatted drive to boot into DOS mode to flash these OC revisions. What is the step by step by those of you who have successfully flashed these? Thank you.

• Guest locked this topic