Asus G73 JH update with HD 7970M and i7-940 XM

PrinceBlack

Hello guys ...

I open this thread by virtue of the fact that it has updated the G73JH i7-940XM CPU and GPU HD 7970M Clevo ...

The experiment is successful, I used a paper with Clevo VBIOS HM .... I had to change the heatsink by creating a specially ....

The temperatures are great about 70 ° C under stress in games.

I tested with Furmark everything is for the best ...

soon'll post a guide for the update ...

the only problem is still not resolved ncontrato under-GPU due to the power limit InPlace from the motherboard of 150 watts.

Svl7 look to solve this problem, modify the VBIOS with undervoltage at 0.950 volts without losing performance clock, so as to reduce fuel consumption and have no problems with the motherboard with power limitations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's possible to upgrade a G73jh with a clevo GeForce 560m card?

My old 5870m was burned under stress and a friend have left this card with me.

You only amble to upgrade using a ati card!

I did the mod with the 7970m and its working very well!

Good lucky

• 2 months later...

Nice! The best possible GPU/CPU that laptop can have. I wonder if G73jw's are upgradable like this, or if they can't support higher end cards since it uses the 460M. I'll never understand why Asus "upgraded" the line by going from the 5870 to the slower 460m.