Help with NVIDIA GTX 680M 4GB EARLY RELEASE SAMPLE

mal3x

My Frankenstein seems to "work" both with the k5000m and 680m vbios. I installed Windows 7, Optimus enabled results in blue screen, but Optimus disabled allows me to install the 680m driver, without the Windows 8 error. Running 3dmark again.

• Founder

Try reducing the memory clock or alternatively using a higher voltage vbios from svl7 to see if that fixes the artifacting. If neither does the trick, try a different driver. If none of that works, you may have defective memory.

Alright, so I guess it is faulty memory. I tried a higher voltage vbios, messed with the memory clock in afterburner. I noticed that changing the frequency it to a certain number clock results in no more artifacts for about 1 second lol.

IS there any way to figure out exactly which ram chip is the problem? I am getting a refund from the seller, but I could offer a low ball amount of money and try to fix it up.

There is a service diagnostic software for nVidia cards, at least it was for older cards. I think the problem may be also a badly soldered GPU chip (board ID with device ID mismatch) or mechanical PCB failure. It would be easier to say something if you did good quality photos.

• 2 months later...

This depends on the board you get... I'm sure it will work, but which vbios to use is a different question. When you get the card please upload a copy of your original vbios, then I can tell you what works best. Not all OEM vbios version will work on the ES boards.

So I should not try and flash the card first? And the card should come April 2nd just a heads up.

As I said, please send me a copy of your original vbios when you get the card, then I might be able to give you some advice regarding flashing etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let me know if you have any other information regarding this, the HD audio being affected.

The only info I knew is, the card will work well except that though all(??, as there are typically 4 of them) NVIDIA HD devices show up in device manager they will all have a "!" mark. Also I am not sure if this really matters as the computer should almost always have other HD audio devices (typically true, since who will rely only on graphics card's audio devices??). Well, HDMI link now may not have audio signal -- again not 100% sure if this can not be worked around....

None of the others were experiencing this I don't think? Can you point me to where you read this?

I learned that from my buddy, who bought an ES card from CL that has that problem. He did some research and he said that's the reason. He said one could look at the board and tell if the card will have that problem -- I don't know exactly how though.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I got an issue w/680m & Dell laptop M6600.

In Oct 12 I successfully modded the inf and it works great omly while plugged to DisplayPort LCD.

The issue arises when on battery/internal lcd:

IF the laptop is left unattended, the screen goes blue, and the only way to restore is reboot (but the system seems not crashed since capslock/numlock works).

Any ideas why that happens?

I now have Win8.

nvidia 680m GPU: http://www.pwrusr.com/uploads/680m.gif

nvidia 680m ROM: http://www.pwrusr.com/uploads/GK104.rom