Help with NVIDIA GTX 680M 4GB EARLY RELEASE SAMPLE

mal3x

Hi guys, I purchased this card for my Dell Precision M6600. System boots up, but I am unable to install the drivers. I tried modded drivers, I tried turning whql off, but still errors. It says 680M successfully installed, but the video card section is not available any more (in device manager), and I get a yellow icon for Xenon E3-1200 PCI EXPRESS ROOT PORT. After reset, driver is uninstalled and I get the generic graphics card driver. Running Windows 8 64.

This is the information when I boot up:

SK104 P2051B SKU 503 VGA BIOS (HWDIAG)

VERSION 80.04.01.21.00

BUILD DATE: 02/01/12

Should I update the bios? If so, what would you recommend.

Thank you.

Are you sure it's a 680m? Where did you get your card? Is it a Clevo / Dell / MSI card?

Can you do me a huge favor and upload or send me a copy of your vbios? I want to take a look at it.

From ebay, I see... Try GPU-Z for saving the vbios, I think the latest version supports vbios backup for the 680m. Just click on the little chip icon at the right side of the "Bios version" line.

Loaded GPU-Z, send me a PM with your email so I can send you the vbios.

Info from GPU-z:

GPU GK104 Revision FF

Technology 28 nm Die Size 294 mm2

Release Date June 4, 2012 Transistors 3540m

Device ID 10DE-11A0 Subvendor Dell (1028)

Thank you very much. Highly interesting, must be a very early card. Board ID is the same as the K5000m, but the device ID is indeed the one of a 680m.

I can't guarantee you that the OEM version of the 680m vbios will work on your card... But due to the board ID I think it's safe to assume that a current K5000m vbios should work.

I'm not sure... not familiar with your system. If you can boot from IGP only while having the PCIe slot active, you might be able to recover from a brick. Else you would need help.