EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
ethik

Update Cpu Gpu GT683

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm Belgian and I use google translation: D

I just purchased a GT683R with a i7-2630qm and gtx560m

Can I upgrade the processor and graphics card?

thank you

hello,

thank you for the answer.

What is the website to order?

The 7970 is better?

If you don't use CUDA cores then 7970m should be near 100% faster than 675m=580m

Try ebay, nbr market, or market here.

You can try to buy clevo with enduro-off bios.

Thank you.

I'll look on ebay :)

I should not change internal cooling with a 580 or 675?

If you buy an AMD card, you will need to buy a 5870M heatsink AND make small modifications to it with a rotary tool (Dremel). If you buy an Nvidia card, you will need to either modify the 560M heatsink completely OR buy a 570/580M heatsink. The 150W power supply is sufficient for every upgrade except for the 570M over-volted and the 580M.

People in Europe seem to have a much easier time finding spare MSI parts than in North America (GPU heatsinks).

If you want maximum performance, @debianik nailed it in his posts. The 7970M without Enduro vBIOS + 28xxQM CPU (with ThrottleStop) are the best possible upgrades for this notebook.

Hey guys. I'm interested in upgrading my GT683 cpu to a Core i7-2760QM and am tossing up between the gtx675 and 7970M but don't not what heatsink i will need and where to buy them?

Any help is appreciated

Hey guys. I'm interested in upgrading my GT683 cpu to a Core i7-2760QM and am tossing up between the gtx675 and 7970M but don't not what heatsink i will need and where to buy them?

Any help is appreciated

If you need it I have a heatsink for GTX675M or you can buy it here.

Thanks still having trouble finding a place to buy a GTX675m. All the ones i've come across so far are either not working or really expensive.