Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

i flashed the modded bios you have posted here and sometimes when i turn into standby,he doesn´t wake up anymore...

This can't be related to the modified bios. Did you go to the bios setup after flashing and loaded the default values?

This can't be related to the modified bios. Did you go to the bios setup after flashing and loaded the default values?
io

yep i know,but this first appears after that ...

nope,i try that, good idea!

can you tell me the hex values were i can find the clock speed in the vbios?

svl7 could you please make bios with 970/2200 default clocks for us (when you have time):o Now I have 2211 score in 3dmark2011, before last bios mode it was ~2000 points) I want to test stability of the system on higher clocks) Thank you in advance!

svl7 could you please make bios with 970/2200 default clocks for us (when you have time):o Now I have 2211 score in 3dmark2011, before last bios mode it was ~2000 points) I want to test stability of the system on higher clocks) Thank you in advance!

think he needs more beer from us :D

i call a few german members from our board and collect a little "beermoney" for him :D

Well.. it's possible that Dell has different mobo revisions which might also use different flash memory, but I kinda doubt it. What does the command "fptw64 -spibar" return?
All works fine after reinstalling intel management engine and chipset drivers.

This BIOS does not increase software overlocking limits? When i open MSI afterburner it still overlocks just 135MHz.

because MSI afterburner cant go higher,even if you unlock unofficial overclocking ;)

you have to use nvidia inspector.

but even then this modded vbios doesnt unlock much higher clock speed,like on other notebooks.

there is much more we can chance maybe,but first this is a great step :)

I have downloaded the newest version of NVIDIA Inspector(1.9.6.7) but it still has a maximum. The'unlock max' button is grey and cannot be clicked. My driver is 310.54. I just want to overlock my card to 1000MHz or 1100MHz but even the inspector cannot achieve that(970MHz is still the limit). Because the bios change the defaute clock to 835, equals to the boost, so in fact the overlocking limts isn't increased. Please help me.

Alright, let's try to somehow prevent the card from throttling... Here's a version which should give result in 835MHz core clock, and increased software overclocking limits.

Flashing instructions: Grab the attached Flash Tool, extract it to a folder, put the BIOS file in there and run the FLASH.bat file.

Please report back with your results.

And as always, flash at your own risk.

post-7423-14494993908228_thumb.pngit seems that the software overclocking limits are not increased.

I have downloaded the newest version of NVIDIA Inspector(1.9.6.7) but it still has a maximum. The'unlock max' button is grey and cannot be clicked. My driver is 310.54. I just want to overlock my card to 1000MHz or 1100MHz but even the inspector cannot achieve that(970MHz is still the limit). Because the bios change the defaute clock to 835, equals to the boost, so in fact the overlocking limts isn't increased. Please help me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5406[/ATTACH]it seems that the software overclocking limits are not increased.

because youre in the wrong pstate mode.(GT 650m uses pstate 0,5 as default,when you force it you can overlcock ist ;) )

did you ever here of batchfiles? make one and set the setting which i show you:

nvidiaInspector.exe -setGpuClock:0,2,1050 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2500 -forcepstate:0,0

the batch file have to placed in the same directory as the nvidia inspector...

schould work fine

an for your info: because only it looks like it, the overclock limit HAS increased...

the software tools just have a maximum of +135MHZ because of security reasons...

before you getting angry an blame on someone,may next time use google a littlebit more. ;)

we want to help you,but you have to corperate^^

• Thumbs Up 1

because youre in the wrong pstate mode.(GT 650m uses pstate 0,5 as default,when you force it you can overlcock ist ;) )

did you ever here of batchfiles? make one and set the setting which i show you:

nvidiaInspector.exe -setGpuClock:0,2,1050 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2500 -forcepstate:0,0

the batch file have to placed in the same directory as the nvidia inspector...

schould work fine

an for your info: because only it looks like it, the overclock limit HAS increased...

the software tools just have a maximum of +135MHZ because of security reasons...

before you getting angry an blame on someone,may next time use google a littlebit more. ;)

we want to help you,but you have to corperate^^

Thank you very much! The problem has susessfully solved with your guide!

And you know in my country google is forbidden to visit……:courage:

i call a few german members from our board and collect a little "beermoney" for him :D

:Banane35:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5406[/ATTACH]it seems that the software overclocking limits are not increased.

I thought I removed it... well I can fix this on the next mod.

well, there's another issue with our 7720. now, actual BIOS doesn't see mSATA line as normal HDD/SSD bootable. I solved for myself this problem by using OS selector which starts from HDD, then offers mSATA SSD Crucial m4 256GB as bootable (it's because I needed 2 normal HDD AND OS installed on SSD, not ISRT).

but I hope somebody can find or already knows the BIOS key which prevents mSATA line from booting. If so, please, tell its name!

attention!

one of those who flashed combined BIOS mod by Serbius from ixbt.com forum has BRICKED his 7720. at the moment, the author and some other guys are trying to find out how did he do that. now only fan works at the bricked notebook, LCD doesn't even flash its LED (but works! tested ok by pressing "d" while power on).

so, before flashing any mod you'd better test it by executing the procedure from the chapter "запуск BIOS без его перепрошивки" (ctrl+C to find it on the page) on this Wiki page: Dell Inspiron 7720. just use the google translator.

attention!

one of those who flashed combined BIOS mod by Serbius from ixbt.com forum has BRICKED his 7720. at the moment, the author and some other guys are trying to find out how did he do that

Well, I have no idea what he did, it seems he just copy / pasted my mod and released it without giving credits. He didn't even include my READ ME file.

Anyway, all I can say is that my mod works fine.

Is it safe to flash the vBIOS mod only that renables the turbo boost ? Has any one tested it ? Is it working fine ??

Please reply ...

My mod is absolutely safe to use. The only way you can brick your system by using it is if the flashing procedure goes wrong for some reasons, which can happen to any BIOS update, but it is highly unlikely. I flashed my system myriad times and never run into issues, with mod or stock vbios / bios.

attention!

one of those who flashed combined BIOS mod by Serbius from ixbt.com forum has BRICKED his 7720. at the moment, the author and some other guys are trying to find out how did he do that.

thats completly nonhsense!

i flashed the AES+vBIOS mod BIOS on 3 diffent inspiron 7720 and everything works pretty fine.

Did I say any BIOS mod isn'n fine? doesn't work? NO. all I said is: there is ONE guy who flashed modded BIOS and got his 7720 bricked. nobody knows what exactly he did but I really think he'll fix it soon.

all I say is: be careful, be ready to flash back the original BIOS, don't be afraid. and try before flashing if you can.

Did I say any BIOS mod isn'n fine? doesn't work? NO. all I said is: there is ONE guy who flashed modded BIOS and got his 7720 bricked. nobody knows what exactly he did but I really think he'll fix it soon.

all I say is: be careful, be ready to flash back the original BIOS, don't be afraid. and try before flashing if you can.

I´m sorry. had a bed day yesterday and i get it in the wrong way...

dont mean to attack you. :(

• Thumbs Up 1