MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hello, nice to meet you guys.

I wonder, is there any vbios for GE60 yet? I have been looking for them recently and found no detail. I would be very glad if I can be any of help; let me know if you want a tester.

In addition, does vbios enormously affect overclocking performance? I am using Nvidiainspector, and it seems that I met my gpu's limitation. Is it possible to get higher clock by flashing vbios.

This is my current bios E16GAIMS.10E MSI Global - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Thanks.

Hello, nice to meet you guys.

I wonder, is there any vbios for GE60 yet? I have been looking for them recently and found no detail. I would be very glad if I can be any of help; let me know if you want a tester.

In addition, does vbios enormously affect overclocking performance? I am using Nvidiainspector, and it seems that I met my gpu's limitation. Is it possible to get higher clock by flashing vbios.

This is my current bios E16GAIMS.10E MSI Global - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Thanks.

The vBIOS is not the same as the main BIOS. If you want to OC your GPU, then you'll have to ask @svl7 in this thread.

If you want to know what the main BIOS unlock is for then read the first post in this thread. It has nothing to do with the vBIOS/GPU.

The vBIOS is not the same as the main BIOS. If you want to OC your GPU, then you'll have to ask @svl7 in this thread.

If you want to know what the main BIOS unlock is for then read the first post in this thread. It has nothing to do with the vBIOS/GPU.

My apologies, I did not realize that vbios and main bios are not the same. I will go ask svl7 as you suggested, thanks very much.

Guest Coolsmarti

Hi!

New in the forums ..

Would like to know (and i'm sorry if it has been answered earlier) - but will the GT70 bios work in my GT780 laptop? I have heard some rumors about that.

Thank you for your great work.

Hi!

New in the forums ..

Would like to know (and i'm sorry if it has been answered earlier) - but will the GT70 bios work in my GT780 laptop? I have heard some rumors about that.

Thank you for your great work.

No. There is a reason they are separate files...

Do you have any links? I'm 99.9% sure they are incompatible (there is a GPU mux with the GT70 series while the GT780 is dGPU only) and various other conflicting issues.

I'm pretty sure we Sandy Bridge MSI owners are stuck without Kepler. So far the 7970m looks like the best option.

Guest Coolsmarti

I will look for the info, and get back to you. But you are right about that the Sandy Bridge laptops doesn't have Kepler support in itself.

I just read somewhere that the GT70's motherboard, wasn't that different from the GT780 series.

Xonar,

That's an amazing thing what you are doing with the BIOS. I just flashed the corresponding file and I must say, I need to first understand the many new options available, before I start tinkering with them. I don't know what 90% of the options mean...

Is there any setting that can aid me in lowering the temperatures?:)

Xonar,

That's an amazing thing what you are doing with the BIOS. I just flashed the corresponding file and I must say, I need to first understand the many new options available, before I start tinkering with them. I don't know what 90% of the options mean...

Is there any setting that can aid me in lowering the temperatures?:)

Thanks.

The temperature controls are through the EC and not the BIOS. I have linked a thread with the fan controller software somewhere in this thread I believe.

When I have time, I'll create an encyclopedia describing what the options do.

• Thumbs Up 2

"So far the 7970m looks like the best option."

Is it working in a GT780DX without any trick?

You have to do a heatsink mod, similar to the 6970/6990m.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Worked flawless on my gt683dx! :)

The only thing is I can't seem to find where to change the BCLK to up the cpu a few percent.

I believe it's under SA -> Intel ICC -> Div2s.

Have you done an unlocked BIOS for the GX660R-060us

16F1_30L.zip

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX660.html#/?div=BIOS

Sure, will get onto it.

No problem. New machine huh? What are your impressions so far Meaker?

-------

Done. @Meaker [MENTION=6576]Andrew Persaud[/MENTION] check the first page

I believe it's under SA -> Intel ICC -> Div2s.

Sure, will get onto it.

No problem. New machine huh? What are your impressions so far Meaker?

-------

Done. @Meaker @Andrew Persaud check the first page

Cheers man, flashed without issue, just a shame there are no real meaty options to change stuff *shrugs* Was worth a shot.

Got a MSI GT70 with Intel Core i7 3740QM QS if you need.

I've found a duplicated item in your modified BIOS, there is 2 time the option to make the MSI logo appear at startup but only one work.

Sorry for my english, I will post a picture to show you :)

EDIT :

Here, same option, only the second work :

201210200321.th.jpg

BIOS version and system informations if you need :

201210200320.th.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1