Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Klem

Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, piemeeram said:

Hi Klem,

Could you please unlock the BIOS of W540?

Hi!

Yes of course.

 

42 minutes ago, piemeeram said:

I sent you the files in PM.

I don't see any PM from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, piemeeram said:

Ok, I will post it into this thread. here is the dump of N250Q32.

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem, i have an T440P and when i power up it ask me to press F1 to continue to BIOS, when i press it ask me for a password that i don't have i tried with a few videos to remove it with the programmer but i couldn't, maybe u can help me with this, the backup BIOS is here: https://mega.nz/file/IuojhAIa#gJlsvcZR4pVCDEuCLWIMbnYmVbkgInb_Xp5OpH4bANk

 

thanks for help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Martin1991 said:

Hi Klem, i have an T440P and when i power up it ask me to press F1 to continue to BIOS, when i press it ask me for a password that i don't have i tried with a few videos to remove it with the programmer but i couldn't, maybe u can help me with this, the backup BIOS is here: https://mega.nz/file/IuojhAIa#gJlsvcZR4pVCDEuCLWIMbnYmVbkgInb_Xp5OpH4bANk

 

thanks for help.

Hi!

No, I don't work with any passwords. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem,

Couple days ago after boot, my T440S went crazy. It beeps 5 times, pause, and another 5 beeps. I think it's BIOS problem, so I dumped itnto *.bin. Can you check if everything is OK, and maybe do a whitelist ;). I've tried to put some other BIOS-es, but with no repsonse (not even beeps).

 

Thanks in advance. ZRB

 

https://mega.nz/file/UB0EmQbS#YqkEjxukGQClxR2dmgMzWwSlaVvRCmjAEGzs6B5D_d0

Edited by zerbatin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, zerbatin said:

Hi Klem,

Couple days ago after boot, my T440S went crazy. It beeps 5 times, pause, and another 5 beeps. I think it's BIOS problem, so I dumped itnto *.bin. Can you check if everything is OK, and maybe do a whitelist ;). I've tried to put some other BIOS-es, but with no repsonse (not even beeps).

 

Thanks in advance. ZRB

 

https://mega.nz/file/UB0EmQbS#YqkEjxukGQClxR2dmgMzWwSlaVvRCmjAEGzs6B5D_d0

Hi!

5 beeps, pause, and another 5 beeps, then laptop boot normally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

5 beeps, pause, and another 5 beeps, then laptop boot normally?

 

Nope. Nothing on screen, backlit keyboard lights up and down once. Then nothing, just noise from cooler.

Edited by zerbatin
Added quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, zerbatin said:

Nope. Nothing on screen, backlit keyboard lights up and down once. Then nothing, just noise from cooler.

I checked your bios dump. It's corrupted, therefore laptop can't work.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Klem said:

I checked your bios dump. It's corrupted, therefore laptop can't work.

Just as i thought. What can I do?  Do you have any other BIOS file, that I can use, or it has to be one from my laptop?

As i mentioned before, I've tried to write some *.bin/*.hex files that I found on Internet, but with no good result.

Is there any possibility, that some short circuit randomly occured and destroyed my BIOS chip, or just "bits" on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zerbatin said:

or it has to be one from my laptop?

Yes.

 

6 minutes ago, zerbatin said:

Is there any possibility, that some short circuit randomly occured and destroyed my BIOS chip, or just "bits" on it?

I don't know.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. I understand. I will try another method, USB maybe. If it will not work, I will do more research on bios files and mayby try to rebuild my file (I know it has many, many lines, but I have nothing to loose).

Thank you for your time.

If you have anything that I can help you with PM me. (mathematics, physics, nuclear power, energeticts. engineering, plumbing or other stuff, I know a lot and I am learnig all the time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zerbatin said:

OK. I understand. I will try another method, USB maybe. If it will not work, I will do more research on bios files and mayby try to rebuild my file (I know it has many, many lines, but I have nothing to loose).

Thank you for your time.

If you have anything that I can help you with PM me. (mathematics, physics, nuclear power, energeticts. engineering, plumbing or other stuff, I know a lot and I am learnig all the time).

Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem!

 

Could you help me with removing the whitelist and turning on the advanced options on my t440p?

 

The bios dump, ver. 2.55:

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1og72-kojtP1Gyjy3B2Pt0ezTZC4uJW8S/view?usp=sharing

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Klem,

 

I seem to be unable to find software that will detect the bios chip on my T440p. I've tried SkyGz 1.4, AsProgrammer 1.4.1. and NeoProgrammer 2.1.0.19. According to the markings on the chip it is a Winbond 25032FVSIQ. What do I do now? Should I be using something else?

 

Thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hatjatja said:

Hi Klem,

 

I seem to be unable to find software that will detect the bios chip on my T440p. I've tried SkyGz 1.4, AsProgrammer 1.4.1. and NeoProgrammer 2.1.0.19. According to the markings on the chip it is a Winbond 25032FVSIQ. What do I do now? Should I be using something else?

 

Thanks for the help!

Hi!

To read your bios chip, I recommend you to use software AsProgrammer 1.4.1 or CH341A Programmer 1.18

Also you don't need use auto detect bios chip, just set manually chip type Winbond 25Q32FV or Winbond 25Q32BV.

Also, I recommend you to read your bios dump from your bios chip multiple times and compare all dumps in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

To read your bios chip, I recommend you to use software AsProgrammer 1.4.1 or CH341A Programmer 1.18

Also you don't need use auto detect bios chip, just set manually chip type Winbond 25Q32FV or Winbond 25Q32BV.

Also, I recommend you to read your bios dump from your bios chip multiple times and compare all dumps in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

Thank you once again! I guess it worked swimmingly, since all instances of my dump were identical.

 

I've got my dump for the mod right here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-j1bduDQxlGvgP1nKJoj7T5JeHsUnoa6/view?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hatjatja said:

Thank you once again! I guess it worked swimmingly, since all instances of my dump were identical.

 

I've got my dump for the mod right here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-j1bduDQxlGvgP1nKJoj7T5JeHsUnoa6/view?usp=sharing

I checked your file bios dump, unfortunately it's not correct, it contain FF symbols only. You need to read your bios dump from your bios chip again, may be multiple times and compare in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

If you will meet with some problems with read bios dump from your bios chip, then try to use different software version. Also check the reliability of the connection of the contacts between SOIC-8 clip and your bios chip. Also don't forget to install driver for CH341A programmer.

All software versions for Ch341A programmer I placed into this link:  https://files.fm/u/n9axkht6q

I recommend you use software AsProgrammer_1.4.1

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 3:01 PM, Klem said:

I checked your file bios dump, unfortunately it's not correct, it contain FF symbols only. You need to read your bios dump from your bios chip again, may be multiple times and compare in any hex editor (for example HxD), all dumps should be identical.

If you will meet with some problems with read bios dump from your bios chip, then try to use different software version. Also check the reliability of the connection of the contacts between SOIC-8 clip and your bios chip. Also don't forget to install driver for CH341A programmer.

All software versions for Ch341A programmer I placed into this link:  https://files.fm/u/n9axkht6q

I recommend you use software AsProgrammer_1.4.1

Thank you, I've done as you advised. Alas, every single one of the dumps that I've generated has been unique - no two are alike. I've tried it with both the CMOS connected and disconnected. I've tried reading it with different computers. I've cleaned all of the contacts with alcohol. It doesn't matter. What's more, my system has been unable to post since my previous attempt. I'm assuming the two issues are connected.

 

It's not really any of your business, but I'm really hoping this can still be salvaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hatjatja said:

Thank you, I've done as you advised. Alas, every single one of the dumps that I've generated has been unique - no two are alike. I've tried it with both the CMOS connected and disconnected. I've tried reading it with different computers. I've cleaned all of the contacts with alcohol.

Also, if you use a USB extension cord, this may also be the cause of your problem.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klem said:

Also, if you use a USB extension cord, this may also be the cause of your problem.

No, that wasn't the issue either. I gave it another try and this time I was able to get identical dumps. I used the driver from your kit in stead of the one included with my programmer and I disconnected everything from the motherboard.

 

I'm hoping this one's alright, otherwise I'm running out of ideas.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cHWhiyYqx7PGBvK0iFBrmgaLaAT_cwj3/view?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hatjatja said:

No, that wasn't the issue either. I gave it another try and this time I was able to get identical dumps. I used the driver from your kit in stead of the one included with my programmer and I disconnected everything from the motherboard.

 

I'm hoping this one's alright, otherwise I'm running out of ideas.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cHWhiyYqx7PGBvK0iFBrmgaLaAT_cwj3/view?usp=sharing

Yes, now your BIOS dump looks like it is correct. Try turning on the laptop, does it boot normally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By laxus
      i want to ask two favours and a question from this community ..
       
      1.) Can someone mod my 940 mx to increase the target temperature and allow higher overclocking than 135hzband voltage control
       
      2.) Allowing my i5 7200U to be undervolted to reduce overall heat 
       
      The question : I repasted my gpu and cpu cleaned it thoroughly, made sure twice everything is connected properly, use a cooling pad and yet the upper portion of my chasis above f1-f12 keys is so hot that i can roast peanuts on it. 
       
      (if i left out any info or missed something please reply i would really love to have a page that has everything for people who have this laptop specifically for light gaming.)
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad L440.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!
       
      Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.
       
       

      CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=USB+Programmer+Ch341&_sacat=0
       
      https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ch341a&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
       
      SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt
       
      https://www.amazon.ca/programming-EEPROM-Programmer-EZP2010-RT809H/dp/B075CGH1X1/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=SOIC8+clip&qid=1631766855&s=electronics&sr=1-18
       
       
      How to use it:
       
      Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.