[Solved] Issue with Killer 1103 need help

littleone562

I have a major problem which is when I try to limit the bandwidth in killer network manager of an application under application control, lets say steam while its downloading a game (using full bandwidth) or a torrent client to anywhere below maximum so that it is limiting the bandwidth, my CPU usage spikes to 99%-100% and the system slows to a crawl. Can someone else try limiting bandwidth on an application that is downloading something on their killer 1102, 1103 to see if they have the same issue? That way I will know if I need to RMA my card or if its a widespread issue.

• Founder

I've had issues with the bundled app that came with the card as well. It also causes dpc latency spikes. I suggest uninstalling it (keep only the driver) and If you need to limit the bandwidth use netlimiter for example.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Weird guys why not limit using the app your downloading with. Most torrent clients have this. No need to RMA... Why dont you guys complain to the Manufacturer? Dont take that you paid for a working product. If i had killer networking card i would

• Founder

because the card itself performs greatly, the program is the soft it comes with which causes DPC spikes + apparently high CPU usage.

For me the solution is obvious - just uninstall the crappy soft, and use the card+drivers only. Maybe in the future when they fix the soft, we can resume using it.

Who couldnt agree to that logic... makes perfect sense. I just mean has anyone persued this issue to the company? Like how many have notes the issue.. It may not be enough effected for Killer to care :(

i saw it with the software but this is not a cpu spike, it is constant 100% usage on all cores so that my computer locks up eventually within 15-20 sec. Other users have not had the issue to this extent and I have tried on multiple laptops and networks with the same issue.

• 4 weeks later...