EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
J95

[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

Few weeks ago I realised Nvidia have stopped the driver support for my  card (680M) and some games that require newer drivers simply wont run.

After some searching online I came across a couple of good instructions how to mod the .inf file and make it install on your syste.

In general every driver you download from Nvidia (provided it's for your type of card e.g. GTX, and OS) is pretty much the same, the difference is in the .inf file where the instructions are for the specific card and OS. Here are the links, very easy to follow and do. Use the tables from the video as I'm not sure how dated are the tables from the first link (maybe they are the same though). Just as a note your device ID and GPU string can be found from within your PC, it's just require some extra steps.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-inf-driver-modding-guide.377158/

Hope it helps anybody.

If manuf or nvidia stopped driver support or driver installation fail, install latest driver from manuf website and update once with Windows Update. Download latest notebook drivers from NVIDIA, extract setup and edit nv_disp.inf to add  your device from this list https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CHEF-KOCH/nVidia-modded-Inf/master/Inf/Mobile/391.35/nv_dispi.inf

Example. NVIDIA_DEV.13D8 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M"

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...17098]
%NVIDIA_DEV.13D8% = win10amobile,       PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D8

The Link is dead sir? I have alienware m17x rx4 and I upgraded it to GTX 860M What should I do Its not detecting. though. I install nvdia driver but its not working it says not compatible 

Hi all,

I think better resolution its motherboard BIOS mod and VBIOS for compatiblity hardware and software ROMID  ect.

Actualy i looking dependence NV driver Branch 500 serie its locked and not good fonction with modded driver.

Hi

Iam testing unlocked drivers NVIDIA anyone have idea guide for laptop old graphic cards

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By rsk
      Hello everyone just a little question. 

i've just flash my p751dm2-g with the backed's bios and i gonna overclock it of course but i don't know how to clear cmos on this laptop.
      i have find nothing about it in the manual so i ask here. 

Thanks 
    • By rsk
      Hello everyone I'm new on this forum and i'm new with clevo laptop. 
      I've recently buy a second hand laptop a clevo p751dm2-g with a i7 6700k and a 1070 mxm and unfortunatly the bios is locked i can't overclock my cpu or my ram. :sadge: 
      So i wanted to know if you guys on this forum have alternative solution to oc your cpu and your ram with a locked bios. 
      Thanks 
    • By Klem
      Klem's_vbios_MSI_GTX880M_80.04.EA.00.03_UNLOCKED.rar
      For both, 4Gb and 8Gb card.
      1. Unlocked Nvidia core limit +135 MHz.
      2. Unlocked Power Limit.
      3. Unlocked Power adjustment by software (for example with Nvidia Inspector).
      4. Increased Power Limit and Power Target.
      5. Enabled some additional tweaks.

If you liked my mod, you can buy me some beer:   https://www.buymeacoffee.com/ekushukovZ
    • By Klem
      Klem's_vbios_MSI_GTX880M_80.04.F7.00.07_UNLOCKED.rar
      For both, 4Gb and 8Gb card.
      2. Unlocked Power Limit.
      3. Unlocked Power adjustment by software (for example with Nvidia Inspector).
      4. Increased Power Limit and Power Target.
      5. Enabled some additional tweaks.

If you liked my mod, you can buy me some beer:   https://www.buymeacoffee.com/ekushukovZ
    • By Klem
      Klem's_vbios_DELL_GTX880M_80.04.F5.00.07_UNLOCKED.rar
      For 8Gb card.
      2. Unlocked core voltage adjustments.
      3. Unlocked Power Limit.
      4. Unlocked Power adjustment by software (for example with Nvidia Inspector).
      5. Increased Power Limit and Power Target.
      6. Enabled some additional tweaks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.