alienware/dell calling with updates anyone else?

Staff Sargent

As some of you know on the 14th I order the wife and I alienware laptops. Well in my email I didn't see my backpack and my game price went way up. Some how the two were combined. Well I called to confirm this and all was good (I got the packs and game today) the 15th they called me to tell me that the packs were shipping and the ship date on the m14 was pushed up to the 22nd from the 28th. He also told me he will be calling me on monday the 19th to update me on the builds.

Pretty sure I didn't pay for this update call service and can't say I have ever heard of anyone saying this has been done for them so has it? Is this a new service? I know my total sales was only $3600ish which for 2 alienwares isn't on the high end so I can't be anyone special and being a SSG in the army shouldn't have any pull with dell/alienware.

So what do people think about this?

• Founder

I guess they auto assign the purchase orders now. Before I'd only get calls if I made the purchase directly using a rep. Regardless, its nice but they should offer the same level of service after you get it :D

@Staff - I can only speak from previous experience (about 9 years ago) when I took the certs for work on all the old del 24xx, 25xx series servers, assorted notebooks, desktops, etc.. you just had to take a test. It was open book and web based and once you were done you were certified. I don't know the cost to take them as my employer paid all the costs for each test we took. My advice would be to get A+ cert first and then move on to Dell or HP whatever else you want. Good Luck! StevenX

@Staff - I can only speak from previous experience (about 9 years ago) when I took the certs for work on all the old del 24xx, 25xx series servers, assorted notebooks, desktops, etc.. you just had to take a test. It was open book and web based and once you were done you were certified. I don't know the cost to take them as my employer paid all the costs for each test we took. My advice would be to get A+ cert first and then move on to Dell or HP whatever else you want. Good Luck! StevenX

I already have Security+ Network+ and had the Certified Computer Examiner (CCE) for a while but have since let it expire. I worked with the DHS for a few years in the Cyber Security unit and the army after I left active duty. So I have certs and years of experience.

That's awesome Staff Sergeant. Steven your out of the repair business? But used to be in it. Sergeant this Dell services to help follow up the completion of orders is a great thing since it helps ensure your order is fully received

Just an update on the service from Dell/Alienware.... They called us again last night to make sure we got our items and were happy with them and if we had any questions etc. I was impressed and surprised that they did this. I hope they are doing this with all orders now because it puts a person at ease knowing whats going on and what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

I do remember when I first got my original system they let me know where things were along the way. They haven't provided such a service since but it's nice initially they do.