Sager 9150 970M

ssassassa9

I just got my 970M today and instead in a P150EM, I flashed Premamods vbios mod and I am already using premamod bios as well. But the nvidia installer says no compatible hardware detected when I tried to install the drivers. What could be the problem?

When I went to Nvidias website and scan for hardware to update drivers, this returned:

Product Current Installed Driver Recommended Update
GeForce GTX 970M -- The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site.

The GeForce M series and GeForce Go series notebook GPUs use drivers that have been customized by the notebook manufacturers to support hot key functions, power management functions, lid close and suspend/resume behavior. NVIDIA has worked with some notebook manufacturers to provide notebook-specific driver updates, however, most notebook driver updates must come from the notebook manufacturer. Additionally, the desktop GeForce graphics drivers will not install on Geforce M series and Quadro M series notebook GPU's.

Modded the .inf and it works now, I thought we didn't need modded inf to get this to work.

Maybe the gpu switch is not properly supported by GTA. Try to run nvidia inspector and let it run: this should lock Optimus on the dGPU (if not, force settings on 3d applications' profiles), then run GTA. This worked for me on some old games and M14x laptop.