Alienware Display Specifications - M11x, M14x, M17x-R3, M18x

Brian

Too bad there's no 1080p screen for the M14x... that would've been a great pixel density.

Anyway, does anybody happen to know the specs for the M15x 1080p screen?

So the same screen pretty much that was on M11x. Absolutely mind-boggling- XPS series meanwhile comes with B+RG LED screen. $1200 as a starting price WAY overpriced TBH for M14x, especially because the stock screen has the same resolution as M11x. :D Really wtf.... have fun enjoying your good performance on M11x screen and M17x-R3 build quality. -.-

Also, I noticed the checkbox on Antiglare for M11x. If that's what they mean by ANTI-glare (the screen is btw, as glossy as a mirror) do we really want to know what their glossy screens are like? :)

• Founder

RGB LED for M17x-R2 specs are roughly: 100%+ gamut, 300+nit and around 600:1 or higher contrast ratio. In another words, a very high quality panel.

I figured they should be around that... about the 120Hz display listed there... should the specs on the M18x display be a closest match to the 120 hz display listed for the R3 in your diagram?

I don't remember hearing Dell changed the screens on M11x (correct me if I am wrong), they just did something to the hinge. So, assuming it's the same type of screen as on R1, this is how it looks like vs Thinkpad X200t with the glossy screen (w/ anti-reflectivity layers):

imagewwi.png

Btw, this is taken in a pretty dark room.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
I don't remember hearing Dell changed the screens on M11x (correct me if I am wrong), they just did something to the hinge. So, assuming it's the same type of screen as on R1, this is how it looks like vs Thinkpad X200t with the glossy screen (w/ anti-reflectivity layers):

imagewwi.png

Btw, this is taken in a pretty dark room.

Even though the thinkpad is a plan jane square, it looks decent. But yeah the reflection on these things is enough to shave with. The E2E looks nice and I don't mind it at all but I know some people would prefer a matte option.

Yeah I like the Thinkpad, the design doesn't look that bad IRL. In terms of feel and construction, M11x feels mile behind, like any other consumer laptop in comparison (to Thinkpad). The M11x "stylish" finish can be scratched really easily (especially on the bottom) and there is very slight peeling on the corners. Not to mention the falling rubber feet, keyboard imprints on the screen, inability of the screen lid to actually stay closed, weak bottom panel construction: tech opened it once and one of the screws broke so you couldn't screw it back in and the entire design is pretty hostile for doing any kind of user servicing. The M11x build quality is significantly behind (even though you actually get completely different first impression) both M17x-R2 and two Thinkpad X-series (12" ultraportable) I used.

You only get to experience these things if you really own laptop sufficiently long so I doubt any short review will notice these things.

• Founder

Display specs have been updated to include the M18x. The M18x display is fucking pathetic: 400:1 contrast ratio, 300 nit brightness and 72% gamut, really Dell?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow the displays not even on par with the M17x R3 WTF I am shocked at how much Dell screwed up. Hope its bright enough its stats are more on par with their 11inch WLED display.

Edit: These are the specs on a 2008 Fujitsu N6470... LCD 17" Color-Enhanced Crystal view wide XGA+ CECV display; Brightness 370 nits; Contrast Ratio 600:1

correct me if I'm wrong but this display mentioned has no WLED tech in it and seems to be better in contrast and brightness than the M18x display...

Edited by mw86