EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Thanks again. Used the mod to fix an overheating CPU.. just capped off the TDP :) Dropped it 10-15C and only lost 200mhz boost in 4 core constant 100% load situations. (100x30 instead of 33) When not under 4 core full load it goes to full freq. Amazing Job.. doesn't quite do it justice.

Where i can get link for GTX660m overclocked edition Asus g75VW bios 223? I flashed unlocked version and other overclocked version everything is ok keyboard lights work but vga clocks is still stock?

Still no overclock vga settings in bios in Asus G75VW with GTX660m

• Thumbs Up 1

Still no overclock vga settings in bios in Asus G75VW with GTX660m

What the core clock you have now? If you flash mod bios correct, then you stock GPU core clock is 1000 MHz. If no, you doing something wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

yes dude that is the clock but i was thinking moded bios for higher overclocking with higher voltage

I signed up to the forum for this bios, after searching to find a way around the core speed lockout; I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone had already created a modded bios for the laptop. I suppose the G75 series is fairly popular after all.

I'd like to say thanks to svl7 for the original mod and Klem for sticking around and helping out the randoms like me that show up, that's always appreciated. I've messed about a bit with bios modding (with tools, not manually) on AMD/ATi desktop card vBIOS and the like, but UEFI and laptop bios is uncharted territory (and I can't just pop in a spare card if I mess up), so the files, guide, and continued support in a 3-year-old thread is pretty nice to see.

Now I just need to go find some threads I can contribute to so I can download it :feel_good:

so i have flashed both versions more than once and all bios features are unlocked but the oc edition stays at the stock 835 clock speed. G75VW 660m win 8.1 64bit

*update-I downgraded to 222 from 223 then flashed the 222 ghz test version that was posted by svl7 post #99 and it finally worked not sure what is different but i can finally overclock!!

Worked great for me, no issues what so ever. I had the latest stock bios when I updated as well. KB Light still works BTW.

It seems that anyone here is talking with themselves and noone is answering.

So, does this mod enables fan control or not?

Also, wanted to ask about overclock.

Is it overclockable in BIOS or is needed a software to overclock?

[EDIT]

Flashed the modded bios on mine G75VW-DS73-3D and there were no problems. Keyboard light is working aswell.

I've been running the modbios for some time now, with the GPU Core at 1200 (+200 over OC edition bios) and VRAM at +350; running F@H for 24hr+ periods with no issues whatsoever. I can clock farther, +225 Core before any issues crop up (occasional early unit ends on F@H and an occasional minor artifact while gaming) and +250 or so before artifacts become noticeable without constantly searching for them. +200 is fine for 24/7 for me. Not bad at all for a laptop chip with limited cooling (and my temp only rises +2C above stock settings under load). Time to go buy svl7 a beer :victorious:

...and people can quit PMing me to send them the bios. That's against the rules, get your five approved posts or pay for membership like everybody else has to. Make sure to log out and log back in after doing so, so that the forum will let you access files.

It seems that anyone here is talking with themselves and noone is answering.

So, does this mod enables fan control or not?

Also, wanted to ask about overclock.

Is it overclockable in BIOS or is needed a software to overclock?

[EDIT]

Flashed the modded bios on mine G75VW-DS73-3D and there were no problems. Keyboard light is working aswell.

For anybody else with the same question:

There's no bios overclocking with the modbios. You can use MSI afterburner (or any other overclocking tool with mobile nVidia support) to overclock the GPU beyond what is either stock, or pre-overclocked (depending on which version of the bios you chose).

There are some extra thermal options in the bios after flashing the mod, but it's not obvious what all of it does, at least to a layman. I can't say exactly what was there as I never had to touch my fan settings (limited by voltage, not temperature; fan noise was never an issue for me either) so I just entered that menu to see what was there when I first flashed it, and haven't been back since. There are photos in the first post of the thread of everything that's unlocked by the modbios

Hi all, I have an asus G75V, but IT DOES NOT SAY VW. I know this works with the 660m video card, but I was unsure, since its a system wide bios if it would fry my asus G75V laptop... are G75V/G75VW the same? is this BIOS file compatible with both? because I want to further overclock my card, and it does not allow me to flash the video bios alone...

thanks in advance!

I have an asus G75V laptop, and I was wondering if G75V and G75VW are the same?

I am not sure if using this will fry my laptop, because mine only Says G75V not G75VW - are these bios compatible with BOTH or are the two different laptops with different bios that are not compatible with each other?

i know it works with Gtx 660m and 670m cards, but it scares me because this says G75VW not just V, and this is a system bios so I dont want to brick my laptop...

thanks in advance guys...

nevermind, I know its the same, but im going to have to somehow get these mod bios through another source, because I cannot pay for membership here.

nevermind, I know its the same, but im going to have to somehow get these mod bios through another source, because I cannot pay for membership here.

As ma4gicfour said, if you cannot pay for membership, you don't need to. You can simply contribute to the forums and once you reach the appropriate post count, you'll have access.

Hi there, I am a new guy here.

This is the first message of topicstarter:

"Here's a modified BIOS for the Asus G75VW. It enables some more options and settings in the BIOS setup.

It also contains a tweaked VBIOS for the 660m."

Could you tell me, would this mod BIOS work with 670m?

Thanks.

Hi there, I am a new guy here.

This is the first message of topicstarter:

"Here's a modified BIOS for the Asus G75VW. It enables some more options and settings in the BIOS setup.

It also contains a tweaked VBIOS for the 660m."

Could you tell me, would this mod BIOS work with 670m?

Thanks.

Post here screenshot of GPU-Z.

hey all, I just wanted to make sure before flashing that these are for the same ASUS g75v that comes standard with around 8 gigs ram, intel core i7 2.3Ghz, nvidia GT660m.

If it is the right files Im DEFINITELY going to be buying an elite membership to gain access to the files, but you can NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL with this stuff.

I dont want to brick my laptop as its all ive got right now.

also do you need to physically modify the chip/laptop as well?

I was reading some people on other sites said they had to re-solder the bios chip back on after taking it out, and I really dont want to risk that much,

if its just flashing the bios, it will probably turn out ok as long as its the right version, but Im kind of scared to take a soldering iron to the thing,

about to try flashing it.

scared to death it will somehow brick my laptop, but the desire to get over a ghz of power is too much.

wish me luck guys! I'll come back if its successful!

It seems to be working!!!!

I havent done much testing, or checked many settings. but the PC still runs with the new bios.

it DID take forever to boot up (black screen after login), and I restarted and applied default settings - before I did that, asus instant on complained about power settings being modified (may have been that I changed the asus settings myself)...

it DOES say some CPU cores are parked upon bootup now -- it MAY be because of the BIOS change or just because it didnt need them, I'm not sure.

Im hoping that they turn on when I need them to be on, seeing as it would suck if the BIOS mod disabled some cores. Hyperthreading et al are still on. In the BIOS I did load default settings and saved them. Keyboard lights working fine.

do you guys think the CPU core thing and slow bootup is because of the BIOS mod? or is it unrelated/normal?

1, 3 , 5 and 7 are parked, showing no activity

nevermind, I found an app that unparks them all, and locks my CPU in at 100% speed with turbo boost. pretty awesome. I've wanted a way to set it at minimum speed, considering the cooling is great on g75, plus I Have extra external fans with the bottom off, to increase cooling. I'm about to push this thing for all its worth in GTA V and see where it gets me...

about to pop open nvidia inspector -- hopefully Im not one of the people unable to overclock still, as I saw a few people had regular core clock speed still. Fingers Crossed guys!!!

It seems direct3d fails to initialize when I overclock the core speed more, I ALMOST got it running with +150, but it died there too. ran for a second though.

I'm not sure if its voltage at work here, or if its just that the card cant do it or what -- other people seem fine overclocking further, and temp isnt a problem.

I'm not sure why.

It DOES run at the standard core clocks no problem it seems - i havent tested sustained use, but it starts up.

Whenever directx crashes it also drops the clocks back to standard settings... so I think it may be related. it happens more often when the settings are a bit too high and the graphics stutter, and if I set the core clock too high, games just wont start and directx fails to initialize the graphics card.

I guess the standard overclock is still higher than the original +135, but itd be nice to be able to go higher since the card wont fry

edit:

its not directx that crashes, its the Nvidia driver kernels themselves! they seem to recover, but then they go back to default settings, this is preventing me from further overclocking the card...

is there a better version of the driver to use, or a modded driver out there?