Sign in to follow this  
Waffelen

m15x with new 770m driver wont install

Hi guys,

As the title say i have an old m15x with a 920xm, 8gb ram and just got a 770m to boost gaming perfomace but the drive wont install.

When I run GPU-Z I see the attached image which are all the correct stats of the card but not really the card and HWINFO64 is showing that its the correct card but again not anything else.

I've read about .inf issues and about vbios flashing but dont know how to do either or which would be best to try.

Any ideas which (if either) could be my problem and how to do either task or how to go about more trouble shooting. Any more info required just ask. Any and all help much appreciated.

I just want to play total warhammer:-(

gpu-z.gif

HWINFO64.png

You have to "Simulate" that there is an existing M15x with a GTX 770M on the market, with the modded .inf

i had some luck with installing 1070 w/ 417.75 on my p15sm 

let me know if this would interest you.

image.png.118ed381109da03c277b06f473f31181.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Adomis63
      Hi guys,

I'm sorry for making another thread just for this but I really wanted to pick your brains on this!

I have an m15x with a 770m running windows 7 and everything works. Rock. Solid. I'm pretty happy with it. Since windows 7 is on it's way out, I would like to upgrade to windows 10. Now I've looked into it before and had a really hard time getting the 770m to behave nicely and had all these issues with green/yellow/pink screens and I remember it being a miracle I got it to work on 7 as good as it does.

My question is how well does the 970m install vs the 770m - particularly on windows 10? I would buy it in a heartbeat if it makes the install less tedious with the colored screens and all that. Especially if all the functions work on it! I have been searching the internet and I cannot find nearly as many problems with the 970m as I could with the 770m, or am I just  not looking in the right places?

Thanks a million!
    • By cero10
      Hello forum, i have a problem.
      I own a P370EM it had a 7970m but its not working anymore. I bought a GTX 770M to replace it. But after changing the cards, after POSTing the screen goes white even though the pc boots into windows normally. What may be the issue?
    • By true2456
      Hey all, just got my m17xr4 and put my 980m from my m15x (old) in it. I was able to score much higher graphics score in firestrike even though it is a much older machine. I made a custom vbios for the m15x to get rid of any throttling, and am in the process of making on for the m17xr4 but I'm wondering if there is anything else I have missed to deal with the throttling. any help would be appreciated
    • By true2456
      Hey all, decided to get a cheap m15x and managed to get an msi gtx 980m along with it. I've ordered two fans I'm planning on trying to mod in, one being a 13 cfm dell m6700 fan and the other a 11cfm m4700 fan to try and help with the heat. I currently have a 210 or 240 watt? power adapter and a 920xm installed so I'm planning on undervolting the gpu. Is it best to do this inside afterburner or is better to do try and mod the vbios? Also will I have to flash the dell vbios onto my card to get it working with my system or will I just have to modify the .INF file?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.