Sign in to follow this  
R3dziu

7970M Unable to change VDDC in VBE7

Hi guys!

I have a big problem-> I need to undervolt my GPU (MSI 7970M@DELL_BIOS).
I am using this vBIOS: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/132831/dell-hd7970m-2048-120629

Stock VDDC on this GPU is 1.050V and when I changing this one to 0.975 in VBE7 it is ok-> I can save it and flash it. Computer succesfully restarts but when I check modded settings the VDDC is still on 1.050V

I checked if the VBE7 seriously saving the VDDC to vBIOS but it is ok. I have no idead what i need to UV this card (i know it's possible...)

Everything is changing (GPU, MEM MHz) but VDDC can't change.

Please help me ;-)

Just download and use already prepared vbios from this thread: 

Thanks... It works! The vbios from this package unlocking vddc changes. Topic ready to close :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By captcavy
      Hello everyone,, I need your expertise, I have a m17 r4, (2012) unlocked A15 bios thanks to Klem, it has a Gtx 675m in it now, 
      I would like to know the best GPU to upgrade to without losing a lot of the factory functions of the alienware laptop, like being able to use both VGA functions such as intel 4000, and the factory bios for the cooling of the GPU, I don't want to solely rely on the nvidia
      As a full dedicated GPU, let me know what VGA card to get and what vbios to use, I will gladly donate beer to you for your help, or point me to a member on this forum who can help me,
      Thanks, Shelby,  Aka captcavy
    • By Buratos
      Привет. Помогите, мне грустно.
      Существует clevo p150em, недавно обновленный с 7970 до 8970 м (от 150 см)
      Bios, R.2.0 / 1.02.17EC v3b / 1.02.11EC.
      Когда он был установлен 7970 м, в BIOS на линии gpu это было 7970 м. После установки 8970m, NVIDIA пишет вместо 8970m.
      Драйверы на 8970m не установлены, либо синий экран, либо ноутбук замерзает. Windows 10 1713.
      Я пробовал разные версии драйверов, все равно. Что вы посоветуете?
      8970m vbios  VER015.041.000.000.044964 BR44964.009 it s DELL? 

ps. when I bought 7970m for a place of 670m. At 7970m there was also a problem with the drivers, but I somehow skipped it.
    • By MessiWessi
      Hi,

I read a lot of different threads about the maximum possible M17X R2 configuration. But after I was more and more irritated.

What is at the end the best performant GPU solution (with unlocked bios and dirver mod) but WITHOUT manual fan control and such things. Because if I want to sell one day my M17X R2 I don't want to explain and force the buyer to control the GPU fan per hand.  
    • By Psycha
      Hello, I'm on an alienware m17 r4 and am trying mod my vbios for a 970m 3GB msi. I've managed to get the max boost with an increase in voltage, however I believe my voltage settings maybe unstable. When attempting to load programs capable of high gpu usage capabilities, the gpu begins to become pretty unstable. would anyone be able to provide assistance? I have both my edited and original roms as well.

*update

I'm not sure how to delete this thread but disregard this please. I've figured out the issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.