AMD Catalyst 11.11 are out

Michael

• Founder

NEW FEATURES

Adobe Flash Player 11 support

• Enables full support of the GPU accelerated Stage 3D API and Stage 3D applications
  • Supported on the AMD Radeon HD Series of GPUs, A-Series APU and E-Series APU

RESOLVED ISSUES

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.11 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

• Images and textures are no longer corrupted (Blue) in Rage.
  • Bezel compensation now works correctly with Far Cry 2.
  • Screen tearing is no longer randomly observed while moving a window on the desktop while in Clone mode or Eyefinity mode.
  • A black screen is no longer observed when extending displays.
  • Homefront no longer crashes randomly when Crossfire is enabled.
  • DC – Universe Online no longer hangs soon after selecting a character and entering the game.

KNOWN ISSUES

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:

• Screen tearing may be observed occasionally while playing Portal 2 in DirectX 9 mode.
  • Shogun 2 may exhibit screen corruption while playing on low resolution settings in 2x1 Eyefinity mode.
  • Choppy playback may be observed playing interlaced DVD content in full screen mode using PowerDVD 11.
  • A BSOD error may occur while playing Call of Duty – Black Ops in Multiplayer mode with Crossfire enabled.
  • Video corruption may be observed while playing World of Warcraft in windowed mode and AVI file simultaneously.
  • Dragon Age 2 may exhibit corruption during in game cinematics when run in DirectX 9 mode.
  • Lost Planet 2 my display random corruption and flickering when run in DirectX 9 mode.
  • Lost Planet 2 may crash randomly when Crossfire is enabled.

The following games may experience random flashing textures during gameplay :

• Homefront
  • Metro 2033
  • Far Cry 2
  • Stalker : Call of Pripyat

Download here

Additionally, the CAP1 for 11.11 are out too.

Get them here

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder
Thanks. (I don't go there anymore.)

I reversed back to 11.10. BTW, noob question. How does one use application profiles?:08:

Simply download the latest one install it. Nothing else needed unless you have an existing one which should be uninstalled first.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

same here guys for me 11.11 and 11.12 both login to windows to a bsod... had to revert to 11.10 with 11.11 caps shame not sure if i was doing it wrong...but got a 11.12 files and even has updates to Intel GPu and stuff maybe someone want to check it out... i scanned its not a virus... even shows correct revision for catalyst on install...

hey Unreal i found this for you dont have Skyrim yet but try this

The default shadows in the game a terrible: blocky and shaky. The tweaks address the shadows, turn off vsync (I had to also disable it in the nVidia panel), and make the mouse more manageable.

With these changes, the game has very smooth shadows on objects, somewhat OK shadows of people, and my frame rate can hit 80, even in a town. Also, I have all settings maxed out.

I will also mention that the game did auto-update itself at some point while I was messing with it and that must have fixed some issues I had when it was released.

Change or add the following:

Changed:

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=7

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

Added to [Controls]

fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0200

fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200

Added to [Display]

iPresentInterval=0

+ this

Upping the shadowresolution is important, but having a shadowdistance around 3000 is what seems to work for me to get rid of the blocky shadows. And blurShadowMask of 7 seems really high. 3 looks good too.

and

Be careful with turning off vsync it seems to make the game less stable. What I did was removed mouse acceleration and kept vsync on and turned my sensitivity up. It helps but there is still that "sluggishness" associated with vsync. Also Skyrim.ini is the file you want to edit for things like FOV, vsync, and mouse scaling (NOT mouse accel). I think you still have to edit SkyrimPrefs for that. Don't know about those other options though.

also check this link this guy seemed to make some very good adjustements...

Skyrim Mods

Thanks mw! I'll try these things out. I managed to get it working somehow right now (even thought inside the houses the shadows still look pixelated), so I did play a bit today. However even with that, I think I still spent more time trying to get this game to work properly than actually playing. :D

Thanks mw! I'll try these things out. I managed to get it working somehow right now (even thought inside the houses the shadows still look pixelated), so I did play a bit today. However even with that, I think I still spent more time trying to get this game to work properly than actually playing. :D

I finally just got it last night... i'll try those settings too... they helped at all? or is that what you mean outside helped but inside still pixelated. anyway playing 1080P on everything checked and and maxed even fxaa and AF at 16X all ultra or high if thats as high as some go... but AA off. I need to set fraps to see fps... but it was pretty smooth most areas in introduction.... looked jaw dropping... i first tried all that with 8xAA with edge detect in CCC and SSAA i always have set as default over Adaptive or MSAA... anyway obviously it felt like 5-20fps at times. so no AA for now but all on ultra... which drew my attention to the shadows the only ugly thing in the game lol... character shadows are the ones i noticed. Let us know what you find makes it look better...

also should i try those ones i posted above?

for reference i always use vsync always... 60fps max for 60hz display...

i'll let ya know what the fps actually is with the no AA above...

Edited by mw86