MSI GT70 2OD Fan change

stienis

Hi, im owning MSI GT70 2OD model: ms-1763 for almost 2 years and now it starts making some noise on idle, before it didnt make noise on idle almost at all.

i decided to change cooling fan, than i got new one and replaced but got some problem it not going smooth, it speed up speed down speed up speed down every half second all the time even on idle, turbo mode going well.

i thought maybe brack fan and ordered another one but got same problem.

i found some difference between old one and new, in description new one was for models - 16F1 16F2 16F3 1761 1762 GX660 GT683 GT60 GT70, but my laptop model is ms-1763

and than i found difference on fans, old one fan wires are in this sequence - jellow, black, red, but new one in - jellow, red, black.

connector wires in same sequence.

i tryd to find fans for my model ms-1763 but found only used.

maybe someone have idea how to make my new fan work smooth, or someone know where to get new fan for that model?

yea and price for my model was 2x bigger even for used, better will be if there is possible to make that new one work well.

Someone have idea?

p.s. also will be good if someone know where to get fan for model- 1763 not used.

Edited by stienis

• Bios Modder

Just swap the red and black wires in the connector . Use ordinary sewing needle.

Edited by Klem

Does someone have expierence with changing fan to similar laptop?

Can really that model difference can be reason of my problem?

If on eBay dont have fans with my model but only similars like for 1761, 1762.... probably than that new one must work on my system.

I will try to reinstall windows.

p.s. Want to heard expierence for changing fans.

This is nothing from the Fan,the Fan is in all Barebones 161/16F2/16F3/16F4/1761/1762/1763 the same.

I have nearly 15 Fans here from all Barebones,they work in every Barebone without Problems.

Please control Your Thermalpaste from GPU and CPU,maybe You some Hotspots which create this Up and Down.

Then Your Fan is not an Original or is faulty because the wiring is different.

Here a Photo with the original Connector,i checked it with all my 13 Fans.

All have the same wiring  from different MS-16F1-MS-1763.

I can send You one of mine,the price for Shipping is 6.20€ for an International Letter.

lüfter.jpg

Edited by Bloetschkopf

Can i see picture of full size with your fan? like this

my new fan:

gt70.jpg

yea it will be nice if you can sell me, on friday i will get money and we will talk next, by the way where you located?

Edited by stienis

Three-wire fan shouldn't give any problems, provided the voltage (5V or 12V) matches and its rpm is in the same range as the original (used by the EC for the temp. -> rpm lookup table. Since the original issue is about noise; remove the plastic blades of the old fan, drop some grease in the bearings and it'll run silent again.

my old fan is different wired from your :angel:

its normal that fans are differently wired for same models?

H658tu you sure that kind of fan is possible to remove blades? that was first idea to do that but i cant remove, blades not coming off.

oldfan.jpg

how its possible? i buy that laptop brand new from shop. with warranty sticker on back. is it possible that brand new laptop have not original fans?

but anyway your suggested fan must work on my system?

Rather odd the new fan isn't working properly, but yes, the blades will come off. They lift a bit, then seem to snag. That's due to the seals which keeps it from detaching and prevents dust/dirt from getting in the bearings. Look underneath the sticker; there should be a plastic O-ring which keeps the blades in place. Pry it loose and the blade section will detach more easily.

10 hours ago, stienis said:

how its possible? i buy that laptop brand new from shop. with warranty sticker on back. is it possible that brand new laptop have not original fans?

but anyway your suggested fan must work on my system?

I don`t know,i only know that i have 13 Fans from all Barebones.

MSI,Medion,Whitebook,all are the same from T&T.

Of course they must work,they are all Originals.