need help

Guest gamefreal9803

Guest gamefreal9803

i might get an alienware m14x laptop after a few months specification Intel Core i7 2630QM 2.0GHz 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 14.0 High Def (720p/1366x768) 1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M i want to know at what setting these games will work with smooth gameplay sonic generations gta episodes from liberty city tom clancy's splinter cell conviction prince of persia 2008 and super street fighter iv thnks

Cheers Game - GTA4 is a mess on any PC. It will play on the m14x but it was just not designed for PC. You can fight it, but its probably just going to frustrate you . Splinter cell works fine, street fighter 4 smokes on the m14x. BF3 rocks, im sure skyrim will as well. The m14x is a mid-tier gaming notebook. Thanks for joining techinferno and let us know what you decide to get. Best Wishes, StevenX

Edited by Stevenxowens792
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Founder

To reiterate what Steven said, the M14x should play all your games fine on medium to high settings with the exception of GTA IV which is highly CPU dependent and even gives desktop systems (and M18x) some trouble at max settings.

True what may help is that tweak to be able to raise the tdp of non xm sandybridge cpus... it will greatly improve the operations and turning shadows down to off or lower than 4 will greatly improve fps in GTA4 even turn down reflections to medium and turn view distance back and go down to 20 or less cars on the screen.. everything else isn't to bad at high in game.