AW17xR4 GPU Upgrade

Hi, i'm starting a new topic because i abbandoned the idea to put an old GTX 260m card on my laptop, so i decided to buy a newer one a nvdia GTX 780m. Searching on google i read that might be plug and play and i only need to mod inf. files to actually install the drivers. Now i came here and i see problems with audio etc...Do you reccomend me to install the unlocked bios version? currenltly  i have the a12 stock. Do you think that the my current heatsink ( 3 pipe ) that i was using along with my old 7970m can fit into the 780m?

back from work, installed the 780m, went into the bios set PEG and integraded to disable. boot up installed the drivers through modify inf file and it went ok. now the pc won't boot up cause it beep once at the begininng and it stops. i removed cmos battery, reseat and this time when the default option was loaded, it starts...went into the bios it recnognize the nvdia card, set PEG only and igpu disable, but after boot it won't start again...

same problem I am running the 780m atm on r4 on unlocked a11. disable internal graphics set to peg boot does not work. in the unlocked a11 I can't find the igp disable function to turn off sound. I've tried legacy uefi everything i can think of as well. might try a differn't bios that i can disable sound.

Edited by umbrellacorp

In the R4 i never used a unlocked Bios or made any Biossettings  and had no Problems with the 780M (A12 stock legacy and A13 stock uefi mode, i think) nor wtih 980M (A13 stock full uefi only).

I only had to use modded .inf.

With Windows 10 i had to switch off the integrated by using Fn+F7 because optimus will not work in the correct way.

still not working...still error 31 on the device manager...the funny thing is that the bios recognize the card and if i try to run the diagnosis tool it pass with no problem. tryed to instal the a13 bios but still nothing...i will try to revert to a05 bios