Is it possible to confirm if i indeed have a AMD Radeon HD 6970m ES card?

While i was testing out Windows 8 on my Clevo P170HMx i noticed that the Device Manager reported my AMD GPU to be a Engineering Sample.

Could it be because of the Windows 8 preview or do i actually have a ES card?

qHPG4l.jpg

Would be cool if i could unlock the extra shaders but thats not why i am posting this though.

Im just scared that if i decide to softmod to a FirePro M8900 that it would perhaps affect it.

DEagleson :3

Edit: Attached a vBIOS dump and GPU-Z image.

Blackcomb.zip

Edited by DEagleson

Open it up. If it is on a black PCB, the word ENG on the die and the ram chips are hynix, then if you flash a Dell vbios to it, you may unlock extra shaders.

Il do that the next time im opening up my notebook to clean the fans out for dust.

But like mw86 mentioned it could also have been that Microsoft have labeled all their preview GPU drivers as (Engineering Sample).

Ok, it's a very recent (if not the latest) version of the Clevo VBIOS, very unlikely that you have an ES card, actually pretty much impossible. Keep in mind that it's a developer edition of win8, that's not even real alpha code... it's mainly there for the devs to allow them to get used to the new interfaces and start designing software.