GTX980m 0Mhz memory

If my gtx980m is in the clevo p377sma ( winows 10 ), while i boot the laptop, it beep until shutdown itself. Beep are continue without rithms. i can be in windows, i can just be on the bios or trying to instal windows in a new HDD, it will always beep and shutdown. i also try to remove the cmos battery for 10minutes but same issue.

In my alienware 17 r5, its a 60Hz so both intel hd4600 and gtx (optimus), laptop boot, no problem in windows 8.1. i can see the gpu detected in device manager ( without nvidia driver instaled on it) GPUz or hwinfo64 detect the nvidia. But GPUz show a memory clock at 0MHz and also boost clock showed at 0MHz.

if i install a driver( i know how to mod myself) at restart, it give a Blue screen and a text saying: page fault in non pagearea .

if i remove the gpu (still driver instaled, its working. And gpu installed without driver its working too)

Someone know what is the problem of my gpu? i still can switch Vbios but same issue with all vbios.

You only get the 0MHz in GPUZ when something is wrong with your Driver.

This is the Reason why you get always the Bluescreen.

In the devicemanager is all OK and you can install the Driver,but something is not correct.

I have nearly the same Problem with a K5100M in MSI GT70.

Devicemanager Looks good,i can install Driver but GPUZ say 0MHz and 3Dmark don`t find a Graphic Adapter.

in eurocom, laptop beep an shut down, another gtx980m and it's fine no beep.

If i install any drive that worked nicely in the past, i got a bsod.

I'm sure the gtx has a problem..all happen after i switch from alienware to clevo, i put a wrong heatsink for my clevo and i'm sure something have burned but idk what

0MHz reported by gpu-z is normal on optimus/enduro, and is also normal for no driver installed. It will say this when the card is powered off. Run a game or something and you will see the card kick on (assuming the driver worked). While optimus can be turned off on alienware systems, by default it is on. As for the blue screens of death, it is often necessary to reinstall windows when changing GPUs on laptops to get the new driver to run properly. Make sure any software you had associated with the previous card is uninstalled, like say MSI afterburner for overclocking and hopefully that will correct it without needing a reinstall

Now as for the P377sm this is strange. We know the card is working since you do get an image on the screen and clevo SLI systems do not have an operational iGPU. Is it a Dell or Clevo card? It sounds like the embedded controller cannot read the card's temperature sensor. Are your fans also running at full speed?

its been 7 months i hold this gpu. The gpu is realy broken in something: all my previus modded driver who has worked are not functional now, i mean i test with at list 10 different drivers, even from Mrfox. If i plug the gpu in the clevo, it will beep until shutdown. If i plug another gtx980m who is working for sure, no issue. So something is really broken in the gpu but idk what

its been 7 months i hold this gpu. The gpu is realy broken in something: all my previus modded driver who has worked are not functional now, i mean i test with at list 10 different drivers, even from Mrfox. If i plug the gpu in the clevo, it will beep until shutdown. If i plug another gtx980m who is working for sure, no issue. So something is really broken in the gpu but idk what

Also, yes,i reinstall ws 8.1 in it. All my test were made in a new fresh windows intallation. :/ i really have no idea..

i cant try nothing in the clevo has i get only like 20 seconds of life with this gtx. if i plug another 980m, i could reinstall windows and nvidia driver.

And i also still can flash all differents Vbios inside, i try clevo one, slv7 and Prema.

i'm lost of new idea, i see on forums people cooked their gpu... lol i hope there is something else to try^^

about temp:

in clevo yes i listen a max speed.

in alienware i listen nothin, they are quiet, sometimes run a bit but im without nvidia driver othwrwize it bugs

When i baught the gpu,i tell the sellor it was for p375sm but i switch xbracket myself to match my alienware but for 7 months i could play nicely like bf4 and gta5.

This is a short story i wrotte in nbr:

For the short story, i was upgrading from r5 to a p377sm. i use an p175sm heatsink, it look close but wasnt good as i was too sleepy and stupid to not see direclty the core of gpu not touching the copper of the heatsink but i still didnt play. i notice it after many brutal shutdown of the clevo. so i correct it and it was fitting on this time. After lets say 20mn of installing driver, the clevo shutdown. i notice before shutdown windows 10 instal his 'own' nvidia driver as i wanted to do it for the last.. since this shut down happen.