command center button not working win8.1

godfafa

Hi,

Command center button and ODD eject button of both m17x R4 and m18x R2 dont seem to work properly.

Googled but there was no answer.

I am using win 8.1 with latest bios and latest command center button.

Is anyone using the button properly?

Just to be sure, you are using BIOS A12 not A11, right? For some reason, A11 shows up as the "latest" on the download page for my Service Tag, but A12 is actually the latest if you go on the generic M18x-R2 download page. According to A12 release notes, it seems to have Windows 8.1 support and some fixes regarding that OS, so it might help. But if you're already on it, then I don't know either.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not an exact solution but I'm using linux with my aw and no none of those buttons work out of the box there. What I did was check the scan code the buttons give and map that to a character code. Then this character code can be used as a shortcut to launch the commandcenter or administrative panel in my case. It can also be configured for any action you want.

If you just want the regular workings back, the solution that jmonroe provided is the one. But if that doesnt work, you May try to Google about scancode mapping in Windows. In linux. It's part of the X-window system so Basic component. Not sure of the windows side.

• 9 months later...

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I got everything working on windows 10 (should work for windows 8.1) by using a mix of the drivers from out M18X R2 driver page AND the drivers from the AW18 download section (Yes that is not a typo some of the AW18 drivers work great on the M18X R2) . I think I have all the drivers on a thumb drive if you want me to package them up and send to you on dropbox I could do that.

• 2 months later...