ASUS G72GX vs M14x comparison

Now which machine gets the beauty award? :D I just like the AW design... any other system just looks lame when you put it next to and Alienware. I like the slightly agressive look and the sharp edges.

Never handled a system of the current generation myself, but they look great. Hate the glossy finish of the Asus, I worked with such a system a couple of times and you got fingerprints all over it instantly.

Thanks for the pics!

I prefer the alienware design too, although I actually prefer my ASUS's keyboard. Chiclet style with a very solid feel, and 0 flex. It was like the keyboard was built into the plastic

M14x keyboard has very minimal flex, but typing isnt as enjoyable imo

Definitely outperforms the 260M. Ive gone from 1600x900, 4x AA, all High, Shadows on Medium, at a playable 25-30fps, to completely maxed out, 1600x900, 2x AA, at like 80-90fps, on Bad Company 2.

Its not a HUGE upgrade, as most of it could be from the processor, but its definitely better than the 260. 260 also overheated really bad

The 260m was the first card I had in my M15x... played mostly MW2 with it on 1080p with max settings except AA if I remember correctly, worked fine. But it struggled a lot with other games on high settings and 1080p. As the 555m is better than the 260m, and the resolution is "only" 900p, I guess it performs very well.