Ms 16f32

djdblaster

So I got this barebone system. My GPU (GTX 670M 1.5GB) experienced a surge and I'm looking for new cards now. I have tried a card from Alienware system (GTX 675M which has a TDP of 100W) and it would always go beyond 90 degrees C in games. In tests, it would go to 105 and rising. I have screwed the heatsink properly, put MX-2 paste on it and still temps were high. GTX 670M has a TPD of 75W, so I believe that was the problem? Like more TPD, more heat. In this case, increase of 33% in both categories, right?

According to that, I should be looking at the cards that have similar TDP? But then again, how do others fit more power hungry cards in? Heatsinks are same for every card, right?

Does anyone know the list of GPU's that can fit my laptop? Also, I'd like to know if there is any good German repair service that could take a look at the my old GTX 670M and possibly repair it?

As you can see, there is a lot of questions. My priorities would be to fix my old GPU and if that doesn't work, to buy the same GPU or some else that will work fine.

Thanks for taking time and effort in reading this!