OFFICIAL: M17x-R3 Benchmarking Thread

now i can't get the cclk higher than 830... hmmm hmmm hmmmm...

some cards are different if these can do the same ranges maybe run cooler if benching... if you want it for gaming at that than it may not be possible... depends you really have to ply with the speeds... sometimes these cards don't like round numbers but odd one my first 6970m's like 822 higher and they ran really hot comparatively and wasn't good over that for stable gaming in the long term (hours long session wise). max my 6970m's did benching was 850 and crashed every time mostly... 845 was bench-able for me easily but running cool and 822 for gaming stable in all games for me even maxed AA and etc so that it was bogged down and hot.... i repasted my gpus without thermal pads but ICD24 on the vram and anywhere i saw the pads. the core obviously was repasted... anyway at 822core and 1100 something vram it never went over 76C for nearly a day straight of fully loaded BF3 and Skyrim (ultra all option maxed) Play around your going to find a speed that stays cool and fast and going higher gains very little... and for going that extra distance in benching its important they are staying cool... what does hwinfo report your max temps as after benching and gaming etc.... if vram or core is hitting 90c your really due for a repaste. under 80c is a good range

• Thumbs Up 1

okay. well sometimes after the vantage bench freezes i get some display driver reinitialized becuase the driver didn't react anymore from the tasktray of windows. the temps don't go over 75c (acoring to HWiNFO) doing benchmarks with HWiNFO maxing the fans manually the whole time.

what i noticed is, if running vantage while HWiNFO max fan blowing is on, it crashes almost always at the graphics test 2 (that space ship stuff).

i just did a successfull vantage run @ 843 / 1230 scoring 17059. want more though ;)

at the moment i don't even have a game installed yet, just playing with the benchmarking atm. i ordered ICD24 to do a repaste anyways, i just don't like this dell-standard-crap-grease.

• Thumbs Up 1

okay. well sometimes after the vantage bench freezes i get some display driver reinitialized becuase the driver didn't react anymore from the tasktray of windows. the temps don't go over 75c (acoring to HWiNFO) doing benchmarks with HWiNFO maxing the fans manually the whole time.

what i noticed is, if running vantage while HWiNFO max fan blowing is on, it crashes almost always at the graphics test 2 (that space ship stuff).

i just did a successfull vantage run @ 843 / 1230 scoring 17059. want more though ;)

at the moment i don't even have a game installed yet, just playing with the benchmarking atm. i ordered ICD24 to do a repaste anyways, i just don't like this dell-standard-crap-grease.

click the link in my sig and make sure hwinfo's configured good if it is I dont think Hwinfo is the cause of the crash... unless Compal EC fan control is causing the instability. I'd say its just because of vantage those tests some are worse than other... test 2 must be a good tell tale of your overclock handling... 843/1230 is great...

yeah i know, im not blaming WFiNFO, i just wanted to make it clear that i do the bench now with the fans maxed out due to GeoCake's very useful suggestion =) but i will check the configuration anyways, just to make sure everything is set as it's supposed to be =)

godd@mn, it won't stop snowing here! O.o

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.551523,7.621565

cool yeah looks like your doing great thus far :) i hope you get the ranges you are looking for. Maybe if your mem is closer to 1175 maybe your core can go up... overall voltage draw causes crashing and if your prefer the core being high perhaps it will help it go higher...

• Thumbs Up 1

yeah not bad :) but as always, never happy haha ;)

thx, i didn't think of that yet...d'oh.... will try to see what happens :)

Added after 5 minutes:

it crashed using 845 / 1175. maybe it will help as soon as i get the ICD24, maybe it won't and the card just doesn't want to ;)

Edited by deadbydawn

thanks so much man! it worked as you said!!! onlything is that it shows catalyst version 11.10 instead of 12.2, and i did it exactly in the order you said. i will post a pic tomorrow, as i will catch some zz right now =) the driver is 8.59 though =D

sooo, talk to you later and thx a lot again!

Yay, ^__________^ Does switching work for you too now?

CCC showing 11.10 is just a bug - I've had it before. It's clear from the rest of your screenshot that you're running the latest version of everything :)

Also if Vantage freezes (just hangs and/or goes to black screen) for you, trying re-installing the latest Adobe Flash Player. It sorted my freezing problems believe it or not !

Ramp the fans to full on HWINFO and then wait till the card is about 35 degrees then run the bench, good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

Usually if you push the clocks right up you will see artefacts and mini stutters meaning that it's too much for the card to handle.. then you will get the ATI driver has failed/crashed message in Windows. The crashing I was getting was somehow related to the flash player =/ where Vantage would just freeze and then go to black, weird stuff

Anyhow, your card should do 850 minimum!

yeah i got that message a few times also. but other wise, it will just freeze, then go back to the vantage windows saying "device removed"..

Added after 8 minutes:

so i reinstalled the newest flash player, maxed out the fans, let the card cool down to 36c and tried to run a vantage run @ 847 / 1170. it froze after around 2 minutes, then went back to vantage showing "device removed" and windows showed in the system tray amd display driver didn't react, was restarted. maybe just the card bitching out..

Edited by deadbydawn

Indeed, that does sound like the card is bitching out .. xD Nothing much you can do there to be honest! Anything 16k on GPU is beast if you ask me

Try it later/tomorrow from a cold boot.

Edited by GeoCake

i still got the old 17x-r3 @ work (they didn't pick it up yet). i was thinking to install vantage and the new drivers on it tomorrow to see how much that card can do (but as i remember, i wasnt able to even hit 16800 with that system.

if i think about it j will just let it be, i din't really feel like seitching the cards and in the end the new system doesn't run as good as it does now anymore ^^

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.570017,7.590340

i just tried to do a vantage run with the notbook sitting on the floor of the balcony...it's -11c outside and the graphic card cooled itself down to 29c. i still can't do avantage run @ cclk > 845, it will freeze even though the temps are more than fine, then the graphicsdriver won't respond anymore... i was hoping to vet something out of this test, but oh well =)

btw: did it ever happen to one of you guys,that the 17x-r3 will not boot on battery? the alienhead (powerbutton) will glow, the after e few seconds, u hear the hdd's power down and the light goes outagain. then, if you plugin the ac, it will do the same thing againwhen you press the powerbutton, but it will boot after the lights went out one. =/ had that on my old machine as well!

Just proving it can be done. The 4.5Ghz 30k Vantage CPU score barrier has been broken. Dell are coming tomorrow with my new 580m GTX (3rd one LOL!) and I look forward to rocking out and maybe breaking that 21k overall mark :D

post-107-14494992379445_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
Just proving it can be done. The 4.5Ghz 30k Vantage CPU score barrier has been broken. Dell are coming tomorrow with my new 580m GTX (3rd one LOL!) and I look forward to rocking out and maybe breaking that 21k overall mark :D

Nicely done!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk