Can filesharing be a Mental illness?

mw86

According to ZDNET Anne Muir is a nurse and grandmother of eight who is said to have collected and shared over 7,000 music files and more than 24,000 karaoke files.

Anne Muir was a prolific user of a particular file sharing network, Ms. Muir had used the network to build up her self-esteem after suffering from depression for a number of years. Muir’s court ordered treatment is specifically for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder with hoarding. The court is saying that her hoarding behavior accounts for the acquisition of the files. Ms. Muir is currently the one person convicted in the UK for online copyright infringement. In addition to being sentenced to three years of probation, she has been ordered to attend mandatory cognitive therapy treatment sessions for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Check it out here: “Karaoke Grandma’s” Criminal Conviction: Could File-Sharing Be A Mental Illness? | ZDNet

Anne Muir is a nurse and grandmother of eight who is said to have collected and shared over 7,000 music files and more than 24,000 karaoke files.

Is that all? I must have a full-blown psychosis going on.:44_002:

• Thumbs Up 1

I call this a crazy defense strategy... I guess she doesn't have to pay all the fines when she's metally illy... But I'm not a law expert.

Anyway, who needs filesharing networks as long as there are online filehosters... Over here, downloading is totally legal, only uploading is punishable. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Hmm, switzerland here i come lol :P

Im pretty sure people are gonna complain about everything is addictive. And at least in the US if you can prove that you have a mental illness that can be proven to cause your behaviour then your off the hook.