Runcore SSD's

Nospheratu

I'm looking to purchase an SSD and I've come across this review on thessdreview.com for a Runcore PRO V drive which according to these guys is nothing short of impressive.

Runcore PRO V Review

Anybody have any experience with these drives?

Also its sandforce 1200 based. Ive been reading that there are some negatives to these. Its either this or a samsung 470... but I want speeeeeeed!!!!:65:

gotta say the numbers aren't that impressive.

Vertex 3 240GB outperforms it in every aspect.

Yes, but the Vertex 3 is SATA 3, this is a SATA 2 drive and the R2 is limited to SATA 2.

Im looking to get the fastest drive I can get on SATA 2... whether Im sacrificing reliability with this Runcore is my main concern.

Edited by Nospheratu

• Founder

actually the R2 is limited by it's chipset and if the drive is for the R2 I would not go for the fastest drive because it's performance will be crippled anyway.

I'd go for reliability (intel) or price (samsung 810)

• Thumbs Up 1

I had Samsung drives... they are nothing special... I never had problems with them... but I was always lacking a bit in speed on them compared to their competition... I won't go back to Samsung.