Ms-16f2 gtx770m

Unregistered User

Hi all i have just ordered a Clevo GTX770M which should be on its way from Mokkin from the link on the forums.

No i have a 180wat PSU and Xonars unlocked bios already installed on laptop.

Now my main question is can the GTX770M's Sub Vendor be changed with a simple dump of the vBios and Editing it, then flashing back or as it down to a hardware mod.

Only reason i ask is because their is conflicting info about the net, I am all for Modded .inf files from time to time but Editing the Sub Vendor if it can be vbios modded would be easier and would also mean i will not have to mod the recovery partition image i have already made.

Also another questions to other with the same barebone thats gone to the GTX770M hows the temps like now on the GPU and do you get throttling issues.

Personally i can't wait for the Card and HSF to arrive so i can get playing games with decent stable frame rates as the aging GTX560M is now to me starting to not cut the mustard.

Thanks in advance for any reply's!

Hi all i have just ordered a Clevo GTX770M which should be on its way from Mokkin from the link on the forums.

No i have a 180wat PSU and Xonars unlocked bios already installed on laptop.

Now my main question is can the GTX770M's Sub Vendor be changed with a simple dump of the vBios and Editing it, then flashing back or as it down to a hardware mod.

Only reason i ask is because their is conflicting info about the net, I am all for Modded .inf files from time to time but Editing the Sub Vendor if it can be vbios modded would be easier and would also mean i will not have to mod the recovery partition image i have already made.

Also another questions to other with the same barebone thats gone to the GTX770M hows the temps like now on the GPU and do you get throttling issues.

Personally i can't wait for the Card and HSF to arrive so i can get playing games with decent stable frame rates as the aging GTX560M is now to me starting to not cut the mustard.

Thanks in advance for any reply's!

You can flash Msi GTX 770M VBIOS, the temps should be fine, my card idled at around 40C and around 70C load.

I haven't had any throttling issues since the first weeks I got the card, not really sure what fixed it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, Will download that bios ready. I take it has only had the power limited removed? As i don't want to go over 160/170watts on the PSU being 180watt. Thanks for your reply.

Is the GTX770M superfast compared to the GTX560M

It's quite fast compared to the 560m yes.

Not quite getting you there Rhandamanthis, but will try and answer your question the best i can.

The reason why most are Flashing MSI vbioses to Clevo GTX770M's is simple, using a MSI Vbios means there is no requirement to mod the display driver from nvidia. Thats the .inf thats modded for using Clevo cards in other computers.

If i had a Dell laptop i'd flash the Dell vbios if using a Clevo required me to mod the .inf file to get the Drivers installed.

As always there is a chance of bricking the GPU, which if you save the original vbios you can then hopefully blind flash it back to stock and be up and running again.

@Suoah thanks for replying mate, Still waiting for the card after all it is Sunday evening so hopefully Friday max i should have both the HSF and GPU whoot whoot.

Well my GTX770M has arrived just waiting on the HSF to arrive now.

Now it looks blue with green tinge. Sorry in advance if picture is crud, taken on a phone. It also has a vBIOS version 80.06.51.00.30. So question is, is it my eyes or is this defo clevo GTX770M. Once i have a HSF i will dump the vbios and share it.

uc?export=download&id=0B0NxqdwSY7sRSDRSUWgxdkJnUTA

Good news. GTX770M in stock bios dumped and MSI OC bios flashed all working lovely from here thanks for your reply guys!

One big thanks must be to @svl7 for the epic MSI OC vbios. BF4 on ultra 1080p all max settings 60-80fps and 65c max load temp so far!

Only one differnce is i am on 30R Bios that i have unlocked! now all i need to do is mod the EC firmware with new Fan settings!!!

@Suoah i think i spoke to soon it hovers on temps a 70c max now but i have a weird issue now my 180watt PSU is dumping wattage left right and center.

One minute its at 110-140watts playing Battlefield and then it drops to as low as 3watts then goes back to 90 watts, then after that back to 110-140 watts only to dump again a few moments later.

Yet GPU-Z is not reporting any issues and MSI after burner is not showing dips in usage to explain the dips in the wattage. So i am back on the stock MSI vBios on 150 watt PSU.

Any ideas on why a PSU would dump wattage so dramatically?

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess that the wattage is being controlled by the onboard battery charge controller. The system wont pull too much wattage if the battery is full. This feature prevents over-charging and preserves the longevity of the battery. It jumps back up every few minutes when the battery has lost some of it's charge and requires a little more juice to refill.

I don't know this for sure because I'm not certain what you're using to measure the wattage draw. I'm assuming you're using something like a Kill-A-Watt to measure the wattage being drawn at the wall socket.

Yes its a socket meter but i have decided to ignore it as the system is running now happily. BF4 Ultra @ 1080p with the last 4 settings OFF running 58-60fps locked .

The GTX770M is unlocked for max boost and power draw as well. Its a big difference in playing compared to a GTX560M for sure as the temps on CPU and GPU have now settled and both do not go above 70 and thats with the i7 2670qm boosting at its full turbo boost for all 4 cores.

The only thing that has been changed is now BIOS and EC firmware with a custom fan map profile thanks to svet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just done a 3D mark 11 on laptop after i did a Clean install of OS Drivers etc.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-16F2

Not sure if this is a good score or not. What is the max overclock on the GTX770M unless its the CPU bottlenecking which if it is i think its time for a i7 2820QM or a i7 2920XM.

and thats with the i7 2670qm boosting at its full turbo boost for all 4 cores.

You cannot get full turbo boost on ALL 4 cores at once on 2670QM.

Or am I missing something ?

AFAIK you can get full boost an all cores only on extreme edition cpus....

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a look here.

http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/4192-ms-16f2-w-gtx770m-need-vbios-please-help-7.html#post83659

Suoah states on Question 4 Yes it's the same Question 4 was asking about the HSF from a GTX570M would work on the GTX770M.

I bought my HSF from a friend whom knows alot about MSI parts and stated it was for MS-16F2 and a GTX 770M. I would take a photo off the HSF but as the temps are pretty nice i really don't want to be ripping the back off and then having to repaste the GPU.

I have a GTX560M HSF which is the same as the GTX460M and i can tell you that HSF wouldn't work on the GTX770M

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
Good news. GTX770M in stock bios dumped and MSI OC bios flashed all working lovely from here thanks for your reply guys!

One big thanks must be to @svl7 for the epic MSI OC vbios. BF4 on ultra 1080p all max settings 60-80fps and 65c max load temp so far!

Only one differnce is i am on 30R Bios that i have unlocked! now all i need to do is mod the EC firmware with new Fan settings!!!

Hi. I have the same video card and I would like to ask, how do I flash the vbios so that it can work in a Clevo P170HM? I had a client that have that laptop and he bought the card from me and he can't get past the boot logo and nothing pops up, not even the F2 to go to the system bios shows up. Is there a way to flash it?

What maker (i.e Clevo, MSI, Dell) is the card ? As for flashing it with the issue it has currently you'll going to need to find another Laptop that will accept the card and boot with it to flash it with a vbios that will work with the Clevo laptop as far as i am aware or find some that can reprogram the vbios with a eprom writer which will involve the bios on the GPU to be removed unless there is a clip made for it.