How much performance can realistically be gained by overclocking an i7-3720/3740QM?

I'm thinking about upgrading from my locked 3610QM to the unlocked/overclockable 3720QM, since prices have dropped. Has anyone had any experience with overclocking CPUs like this (which are only "partially unlocked" compared to extreme CPUs)? Are there any benchmarks around? What kind of performance boost over stock is usually seen?

I tend to play a lot of CPU bound Games, especially a modded Skyrim, which benefits a lot from clock increases. What kind of frequency increase over baseline is possible?

I run the 7970M @1.1V 1100/1500, but would reduce that in favor of CPU OC if I start to be limited by the PSU.