M15x Access Panel (Back Panel) modification?

Genetics

Hello All!

1: I am trying to do some modification for access panel for Alienware M15x.

2: Reason - To improve the system ventilation, since i upgraded my gpu to 7970M

3: Question - See attachment (photos) , if i cut the access panel (Using cnc machine) , any possibility the parts inside the laptop will blow up due to dust etc etc?

post-6998-14494996337905_thumb.jpg

Personally I would just leave it, what temp is the GPU getting to under load ?

This is only my little personal project since i do have extra bottom base for m15x. Idle load for my GPU is 35-40c in normal temperature room with 13.11 Beta 8 drivers.

Thank you for your feedback though.

No, nothing will blow up. I run my M15x without the backcover for long times, dust build-up isn't that bad either, you will have to clean the cooling fins anyway, if you run it with or without cover.

You will probably see a little temp difference if you modify the cover like that.

No, nothing will blow up. I run my M15x without the backcover for long times, dust build-up isn't that bad either, you will have to clean the cooling fins anyway, if you run it with or without cover.

You will probably see a little temp difference if you modify the cover like that.

Bro, is it possible for us to get the 'blueprint' in 3D art for this back access panel? I plan to print them in 3D.

Thanks.

Bro, is it possible for us to get the 'blueprint' in 3D art for this back access panel? I plan to print them in 3D.

Not sure what you mean, I never modified the backpanel, I just removed it.

@fatboyslimerr

That is great idea! I'm still waiting for my wife send the back panel to me from UK. That is huge modification based the photos given and less mobility imo.

@svl7

For 3D printing (for prototype) they need 3D drawing for the back panel. Wish i know somebody inside the Dell/Alienware that could give me the blueprint of it lol thanks.