What is the best way to test if my 3610QM is overheating/throttling excessively?

All of my systems before now have been mostly GPU bound, so I'm not completely familiar with the CPU testing side of things. I believe my CPU is poorly pasted, and overheating/throttling more than it should. What is the best program/procedure to test this? Any other related advice is also welcome.

I would say look for the average temperature of the Processor. From what I've seen around the net 60C is the highest idle temp. With it having a safe operating of 100C. I would say Get "Core Temp" and "CPUZ" and do some benchmarking with a few resource intensive games and browsing internet pages with a bunch of flash objects (flash objects always seem to mess with the temp and clock speeds of my AMD APUs I don't see why intel would be any different). See if the Clock Speed jumps around and the Temp climbs real fast. If the CPU gets to about 95C and stays there I might check the thermal and replace it with some high grade thermal overclockers use. If you want to play it safe I would get a cooling pad for the laptop. (I assume its a laptop seeing how it has a 3610QM)

My god, it's throttling 30-45% though most of the XTU benchmark... Could Prema's BIOS mod increasing the turbo time to 120s artificially inflate this number?

Looks like I need to buy some thermal paste. I hope that's the issue, and not a bad CPU. I'm getting 340 marks on XTU, where online scores are mostly at 560+