Dropped my M17xR2

Hey all guess what i dropped my M17xR2 on my floorboards off the bed. It landed on the back corner and fell flat on the top of the screen! (laptop was closed)

What is a surprise is there is not One mark on it and is working perfectly! It took a might chunk of wood out of the floorboards however!

It pays to have an aluminum case!!! i wonder how the R3 would hold up :81:

I nearly Man cried!! and can still not believe it happened as i am sooo careful with it.

Alienware Gods watching over me lol

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder

LOL@man cried! With a previous R2 I owned, I was moving it from the desk to the bed for some night time movie watching + web surfing when I hit the corner of it against the wall. I saw a gash on teh wall and figured, "fuck, I bet the paint on the aluminum is gone for sure". After I rubbed the white paint + sheet rock off the metal corner of the R2, there wasn't even a light scratch! So yes, aluminum build FTW! When I owned the M17x-R3, I had to baby it in fear I might snap it in half if I typed too hard..lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man cried LMAO!

Yes, the M17x-R2 is really solid in terms of design. It's not as rugged as T/W series Thinkpads but it can take some beating before giving. The one thing you ALWAYS want to make sure is that you close the lid if you're moving it and there's a danger it will hit something in the process (e.g. moving through the door). If it falls down with open lid, it's going to be bad news bears.

Anodized aluminum cover ftw. It does add to the weight, unfortunately, so I'm guessing that's why they don't have the entire AW lineup in that. I guess I just wish they go into more 'premium' and less into 'consumer' style.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest bifnewman

lol i accidentally scraped mine with a flat head screw driver taking off that piece with the touch media bar and it took a little piece of paint off. a little black sharpie magic and its good as new. pissed me off though.

lol i accidentally scraped mine with a flat head screw driver taking off that piece with the touch media bar and it took a little piece of paint off. a little black sharpie magic and its good as new. pissed me off though.

I did similar and if I need to go into system in the future I'll invest in a plastic pry tool for my computer repair kit...

• Thumbs Up 1