P150/170EM displayport

Khenglish

Has anyone tried using their P150EM or P170EM's displayport? I'm thinking that it may actually bypass the integrated GPU and is hooked up directly to the dedicated graphics card, thus giving higher performance. If anyone is using the port, could you please check to see which graphics processor it connects to? If it shows up on the intel GMA control panel then it connects to the iGP, but if it shows up in the nvidia or amd control panel then it's connected to the dGPU.

DP (with dual link) works on both GPUs.

I don't think you understand what I am asking. When using the dedicated gpu (680m) the HD3000 controls the display, while the 680m sends it what data to show over the PCI-E (optimus). The p150em service manual has the display port circuit diagram specifically labeled "dedicated GPU displayport", and that along with hearing of issues with displayport and intel IGPs makes me think that it is possible that the displayport bypasses the HD3000.

You can tell if it is bypassed or not by what driver lists the displayport display. For example here the nividia driver lists no displays, but the HD3000 driver lists the internal LCD. If the HD3000 was bypassed, the nvidia driver would list the display.