Newbie asks for help:clevo p370em3 need help with ram settings

cristiticu

Hello to everyone

I'm new to laptops...since i can remember I always used desktops...but now,for working reasons,I am forced to switch to a laptop. so I bought the laptop ,I tought was the best,the p370em3 .

but for me,used to play with Evga and Asus mb's bioses ,it was kind of a shock to see that a 4000 euro laptop has the same bios options as a sh...ty 300 euro one.I mean ,this it's supposed to be the enthusiast niche.

Ok,I have a 3920xm CPU and i try to run with a Corsair Ram kit CMSX8GX3M2A1866C10 ...but it does not works,the W8 keeps crashing after a few seconds,and MemTest is failing.The modules are installed under the keyboard,if that matters.if i couple the ram kit with a second 1600 kit in order to slow them down to 1600 it's ok.I've tried all bioses...currently I have Prema's 1.0.4 2T ,still no go.

So ,is there any way to pass this 1600 barrier?

is there a 1866 Ram kit known to work well with this machine,possibly in 4 x 4 configuration? Or better yet a 2133 one?

oh.one more thing.I bought this laptop with only one 680m .don't have the cash,I will add a second one later: but nearly all clevo ressellers refused to sell me the 3d version with only one card,they said is not recommended by Clevo,said the gaming is impossible.

in the end I've managed to convince a German retailer to sell me one ,and frankly,until now ,i only had issues with one game:Batman Arkham City.It crashes as soon I hit start button.all other games,Crysis 3 ,Mass Effect 3 ,CoD BOps2,Max Payne 3,Hitman Absolution are running flawlessly 2d and 3d ,with the GeForce Experience optimal settings.

So,does anyone know why Clevo won't sell non-SLI p370em3's?

could this be the cause of my ram problem?(highly unlikely,but I'm new on laptops)

will be thankful for every imput.

Thanks

Hello to everyone

I'm new to laptops...since i can remember I always used desktops...but now,for working reasons,I am forced to switch to a laptop. so I bought the laptop ,I tought was the best,the p370em3 .

but for me,used to play with Evga and Asus mb's bioses ,it was kind of a shock to see that a 4000 euro laptop has the same bios options as a sh...ty 300 euro one.I mean ,this it's supposed to be the enthusiast niche.

Ok,I have a 3920xm CPU and i try to run with a Corsair Ram kit CMSX8GX3M2A1866C10 ...but it does not works,the W8 keeps crashing after a few seconds,and MemTest is failing.The modules are installed under the keyboard,if that matters.if i couple the ram kit with a second 1600 kit in order to slow them down to 1600 it's ok.I've tried all bioses...currently I have Prema's 1.0.4 2T ,still no go.

So ,is there any way to pass this 1600 barrier?

is there a 1866 Ram kit known to work well with this machine,possibly in 4 x 4 configuration? Or better yet a 2133 one?

oh.one more thing.I bought this laptop with only one 680m .don't have the cash,I will add a second one later: but nearly all clevo ressellers refused to sell me the 3d version with only one card,they said is not recommended by Clevo,said the gaming is impossible.

in the end I've managed to convince a German retailer to sell me one ,and frankly,until now ,i only had issues with one game:Batman Arkham City.It crashes as soon I hit start button.all other games,Crysis 3 ,Mass Effect 3 ,CoD BOps2,Max Payne 3,Hitman Absolution are running flawlessly 2d and 3d ,with the GeForce Experience optimal settings.

So,does anyone know why Clevo won't sell non-SLI p370em3's?

could this be the cause of my ram problem?(highly unlikely,but I'm new on laptops)

will be thankful for every imput.

Thanks

Yes clevo BIOS options are horrendous. Luckily though you can do most things with XTU that you would normally do with proper BIOS settings.

You're only running 2 RAM sticks? On the P150EM and P170EM if you only have 2 sticks you're supposed to use the memory slots under the backplate, not the keyboard. I'm not sure if it really matters though and if the P370EM is the same.

That Ram is very good. You would be better off though with filling the ram slots in 4x4gb kit. That should work no problems as i had that config in my P370EM and then you should be able to set and control it with Intel XTU. ;) I would forget about 2133 for laptops unless you like problems and always stuffing around. 1866 is plenty fast when you set good timings...

That Ram is very good. You would be better off though with filling the ram slots in 4x4gb kit. That should work no problems as i had that config in my P370EM and then you should be able to set and control it with Intel XTU. ;) I would forget about 2133 for laptops unless you like problems and always stuffing around. 1866 is plenty fast when you set good timings...

unfortunately ,my system is not stable enough to start Intel XTU. with the default settings it crashes just after boot.

Flipping heck clevorr do u own all the top laptops? Lol!

To the OP, do u have msi afterburner installed and running? I find Batman won't even start if afterburner is running. I have to completely close afterburner first. Strange thing is I can run afterburner during the game after the game starts

never used afterburner,only Evga Precision.I still not dare to overclock anything..I always had Watercooled machines,so now all this temps of 80+ are a bit scary to me.plus a CPU or a GPU for this laptop costs an arm and a leg,not sure it's worth the risk.

anyway,I had ordered a Kingston Ram Kit ,KHX1866C11S3P1K2/8G ,will see how it goes .

Thanks.

Flipping heck clevorr do u own all the top laptops? Lol!

To the OP, do u have msi afterburner installed and running? I find Batman won't even start if afterburner is running. I have to completely close afterburner first. Strange thing is I can run afterburner during the game after the game starts

Hahaha Yeah i have had them all and still kinda have a couple. ;) Just make sure they are in the right slots to run in "dual channel" otherwise it will just all be a waste of time and you could have 3000mhz ram running in single channel and it would be slower than 1600mhz running in dual channel.. in saying that, only really notice it in benches and physics demanding games...

never used afterburnerafterburner Precision.I still not dare to overclock anything..I always had Watercooled machines,so now all this temps of 80+ are a bit scary to me.plus a CPU or a GPU for this laptop costs an arm and a leg,not sure it's worth the risk.

anyway,I had ordered a Kingston Ram Kit ,KHX1866C11S3P1K2/8G ,will see how it goes .

Thanks.

Heard precision was made by same guy who made afterburner. Try starting the game without those programs running, hopefully it'll run