Dell GTX 660m 1 GB ram DOESNT Work on G53JW( I can trade the card)

This seems like a pointless thread to many users; however, I bought a dell GTX 660m 1gb, and I decided to flash it and install it on a G53JW ( young brother of G73JW), after being in lot of troubles, the card was flashed and the screen stays black, I have no idea why it wouldnt work, and my diagnosis is the card is self-aware and refuse to work.

Did you flash the vbios which I provided for the G73? Also did you flash the card before or after installing it?

Yes, I asked the supplier to flash it and he did (vbios from G73JW guide), after that, I tried to flash it again (blind flash) and stills no screen, when I insert my usb flash and my old card; the blind flash process seems to be 100% correct, I have no idea why its not working.

Im really sorry sv17 for troubling you.

this is the command line in my bat file

nvflash -b filename.rom

nvflash --save filename2.rom

nvflash -5 -6 -A BIOS.rom

I found something fishy, when I i put my original card, it nvflash makes a backup file (filename.rom); but it doesnt when I put the new card!.

Im sorry to say that the system doesnt post!. my laptop has built in speakers, I could hear bios intro sound, I kept waiting for few mins to hear windows start up tune, but I didnt!, after that, I hit alt+ctr + del and the system rebooted immediately; which means that the card is either not working or bios is fucking around.

I already did, it does post, but somehow I cant flash the card, I keep pressing y or entering yes, I put my old card, the system is posting now, but the screen brightness is always 0! I have to connect the laptop to an external monitor WHY?!

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably the most super natural fucked up luck day in my life, everything is breaking apart!.

If you get a picture on the second monitor then let me know what vbios is actually on that card.

I dont get a pic sadly, I have no idea why batch file doesnt work when I put 660m I can send the card for you if you in fact need it for whatever reason....

backlight of my screen is damaged ! what a lucky day for me....

I guess Im going to sell this laptop for parts unless a good progress happens....

I managed to fix the bitch, however, Im going to sell the card, maybe for 200$ or less. It was a nice experience, and thanks to you Sv17 for trying to help. I found that I fried the screen connector of the mobo =.=" and the connector itself. Im using my laptop as my desktop for now! Epic fail.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...