P370EM 4 sticks of ram=no boot

savvas

hi,

i have this weird problem with my P370EM. I'm on the latest BIOS and EC.

I have 4 sticks of this ram: Corsair Memory

When I have all 4 sticks plugged my laptop won't start, it keeps rebooting a second after starting.

If I leave only 3 sticks (doesn't matter in what slots or which sticks) everything works.

I checked all of them for errors and they are all OK. I did every combination.

I even reset the bios by removing the motherboard battery.

No go.

any ideas?

Just spoke to a re-seller...they don't work, use the Kingston he said...

I see, thank you for clearing that up. The reseller is partly right though, those sticks used to work fine on the p370em with the factory shipped bios. Unfortunately i didn't write down the original version number...

however i remember the date of it was one of 2012, therefore it probably was bios 1.02.xx with ec 1.00.xx

Damn, i was afraid you would say something like that! Kinda far fetched but could it be that the old bios lowered the frequency to 1333mhz when you had 4 sticks? I used to have this problem back in the first gen i7's. The ram would not play at rated settings if all ram slots were occupied. I had to take the ddr speed a notch down.

nope, it seems that the initialization speed for ram on this machine is 1333, correct me if i'm wrong..