M17x Screen Upgrade

Guest bifnewman

Guest bifnewman

Dell/Samsung 17" WUXGA LCD Screen LTN170CT08 K1NFP | eBay

I've been looking around on NBR... I entered a part # I found in some thread and this came up. Is this what I'm looking for? I searched K1NPF because I found that in this thread:

Best M17x-R2 LCD Screen upgrade - Page 14

I also see RGB written on the back of it in the picture of the ebay link...

Guest bifnewman

Keep in mind, this one is just the panel, not the entire kit. Still very cheap... If I use paypal, I should be safe. Gonna wait a little longer for some more replies. I don't want anyone else getting this deal though lol...

Guest bifnewman

The seller also has 99.1% positive feedback too... So tempted... Haven't even received my M17x yet either. lol.

UPDATE: Waited 2 hours and couldn't take it anymore. I pulled the trigger. I figured $100 was worth the gamble. Especially considering he said there was a 30 day return policy.

Edited by bifnewman

Guest bifnewman

I've bought the LCD and will test it and post my results. If all goes well, I will keep it. else, I can just sell it or return it.

Bifnewman if this is the actual RGB I am very happy for you... let us know when you get it... good luck I hope its the right one bud.

• 2 years later...

Is replacing an alienware m17x r4 easy because my resolution is 900p and I want the full 1080p. If it is easy how would you go about doing it instead of taking it to a professional that probably charges a lot of money to switch the lcd screen?

Is replacing an alienware m17x r4 easy because my resolution is 900p and I want the full 1080p. If it is easy how would you go about doing it instead of taking it to a professional that probably charges a lot of money to switch the lcd screen?

You need to plug it in the LVDS display connector, here is the eDP connector (3D 120Hz) just use the other one instead.

Use the eDP connector / cable - 3D Vision emitter cable / camera.

8g5m.png