msi Gt780 r lockups

ThaiOneon

Hi

i have an Msi GT780r that seems too be I believe a heat problem. Current temps are 55 d at idle and running around 85 d when gaming. Some times It just locks and requires hard reboot. All drivers are up to date and no malware ect.

Any suggestions ?:79:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
I have thermal paste from Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminium and its really good, CPU 41C idle GPU 36c, stress CPU 77c , GPU 69c. For me its better then Zalman or Artcic MX4.

This Prolimatech PK-1 is what i want to try next. I heard that this is really good when properly applied, but not at it's best when the pasting job isn't that good. Anyone experience this on the PK-1?

This Prolimatech PK-1 is what i want to try next. I heard that this is really good when properly applied, but not at it's best when the pasting job isn't that good. Anyone experience this on the PK-1?

PK-1 is pretty gosh darn amazing, honestly. I use it in places where you might not have 'perfect' contact between a component and a heatsink/water block/etc (Like for testing or DIY stuff, or when you don't have access to a good mill or dremel or whatever). I've not seen a better compound in that type of environment.

Best part? You can get a big ol 5g tube for about 10$ USD, which should be enough to practically redo every dang everything in your whole house. Seriously...

• 4 months later...
PK-1 is pretty gosh darn amazing, honestly. I use it in places where you might not have 'perfect' contact between a component and a heatsink/water block/etc (Like for testing or DIY stuff, or when you don't have access to a good mill or dremel or whatever). I've not seen a better compound in that type of environment.

Best part? You can get a big ol 5g tube for about 10$ USD, which should be enough to practically redo every dang everything in your whole house. Seriously...

Same with me was very impressed with PK-1 but others reported to me it can dry out when it comes to longevity it didn't seem to do as well. I still have my giant tube of it. Definitely good for the average system that's aging and needs a repaste. If one is looking for a high performance thermal interface material I would look further beyond Prolimatech after using it myself. But for most basic laptops and hardware not going to be benched or anything I have had great results with Prolimatech PK-1.

I ordered myself Coolaboratory Liquid ultra. One of the highest performing thermal interface materials on the market and the most dangerous as it is completely conductive as it is liquid metal. As well as the metal can cause damage to anything aluminum it comes in contact with as it will chemically break down the Aluminum. Cheers can't wait to try this when my M18x R1 arrives from depot and my Triple pipe heatsink from the R2 arrives I ordered.