Apparently DELL manufactures the Clevo 485m...

According to the NBR forums LVNeptune has discovered that the clevo 485m he bought for use in his M17x R3 was manufactured by DELL.

Now, why would this be? Why would dell build notebook graphics cards to sell to a competitor?

I think we will see the M18x get the 485m very soon after launch, or perhaps with launch. Additionally, when the m18x gets it, so will the m17x R3.

Im excited!

-Ash

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Did he post any photos of this? It could be he just purchased an engineering sample of a Dell card and not Clevo. AFAIK Clevo makes their own cards.

Also, in regards to that thread with great information and important progress...

M17x r3 485m gpu - Page 61

LOCKED!

Those mods at NBR are totall fucking assholes... what the fuck is wrong with them?

-Ash

EDIT:

Just invited the guys in that thread over here via PM. Their discussion will get a lot further here.

-Ash

Edited by Ashtefere
  • Thumbs Up 1

Geoffx and vlads24 (or vads24 can't remember) were being bickering little 5-year olds on the point of getting the 485m. I told them to shut it and GTFO, but they didn't and batboy shut us down. The new thread doesn't seem to have much going on, they contacted Nvidia, but of course got no reply. So far, the 485m works with the 120hz screen, but not with 3d, and fans have to be set manually with Hwin32 <--(I think that's what it is called?)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
Geoffx and vlads24 (or vads24 can't remember) were being bickering little 5-year olds on the point of getting the 485m. I told them to shut it and GTFO, but they didn't and batboy shut us down. The new thread doesn't seem to have much going on, they contacted Nvidia, but of course got no reply. So far, the 485m works with the 120hz screen, but not with 3d, and fans have to be set manually with Hwin32 <--(I think that's what it is called?)

If the fans have to be manually set then there is no bios temp table support. Welcome to T|I btw! This is 5150 Joker if you didn't know already.

• Thumbs Up 1

The temps were fine, but I couldn't get a clear read from them all. LVNeptune kept saying the fans were working fine, but wouldn't answer if they ran auto or manually. The temps were very good though, around 55C ideal, and 73-78load

Heya Joker! I see a buncha guys from laptop review forums here. Much more laid back, very awesome

• Thumbs Up 1

The temps were fine, but I couldn't get a clear read from them all. LVNeptune kept saying the fans were working fine, but wouldn't answer if they ran auto or manually. The temps were very good though, around 55C ideal, and 73-78load

Heya Joker! I see a buncha guys from laptop review forums here. Much more laid back, very awesome

Welcome to the Inferno!

I said by default the fans weren't working properly. I used HWINFO32 to force fans at a decent RPM :)

• Thumbs Up 1