Howdy!

Welcome to TI e4Justice, nice to have you on board. When I spoke to my rep about this he said that if I canceled my M17x_r3 even after delivered or refuse they would wave the re stocking fee as long as a new order is place. Not sure if that is your question but I hope it helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Welcome to T|I justice! As wbabt007 mentioned, you can refuse delivery of the R3 and they will refund you the full payment. However, you can also call in and try telling them that you are moving abroad (e.g. use a Caribbean island since they don't ship there) and will not be available for delivery and thus need to cancel. If you have a good agent, they should accommodate that request. Another option is to tell them that you want the M18x and would like to cancel the M17x-R3 in favor of that and they should work with you on it. Good luck and let us know what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

well i can send it back they say with no fee, as long as i order a new system and as it looks like it will go public april 20th i should be good to go!

cant wait for dual gpu madness. is it bad when you spend 3 grand on a new system just to play a 50 dollar game? shogun 2?

lol

anyone ever play x3 terran conflict btw? few years old single threaded space sim game.

• Founder
well i can send it back they say with no fee, as long as i order a new system and as it looks like it will go public april 20th i should be good to go!

cant wait for dual gpu madness. is it bad when you spend 3 grand on a new system just to play a 50 dollar game? shogun 2?

lol

anyone ever play x3 terran conflict btw? few years old single threaded space sim game.

At least you have a game to play with your M18x. I'm buying it simply to do a review for Tech|Inferno (I'll be supplementing it with the R3 benchmarks I already did) and then probably keep it for a few months and sell it and grab something more portable like M14x. M17x-R2 owners have the perfect balance right now, same build quality as M18x, same screen size (17" 16:10 is almost the same as 18.4" 16:9) except it's RGB LED and dual 5870s that can play any game at max.

• Founder
Oh, you are only gonna keep it a few months Brian?

I'll buy it when you are done, so long as it's a black one. ;)

-Ash

Yeah man I never keep notebooks for a very long time and I'm almost done with gaming notebooks. The M14x would be my ideal fit so this M18x will be for review purposes. I honestly think the M17x-R2 is the best system out there right now for the money if you can find one. I just sold mine for $1800 shipped and that's WITH a 920xm. The guy that got it scored a very nice deal from me and I'm shipping it to him with retention mods + MX4 so he'll have awesome temps and a system with 0 flaws/defects. If I was a heavy gamer, I'd have kept this R2 for a while longer.

well i keep systems for 4-5 years historically. so buying an 18x now makes sence. my17x r3 will be here the 21st as i said so ill see what the release holds for the 18.

i get best of both worlds, try out a 17 and if its not my hearts desire i send it back for an 18.

• Thumbs Up 1