GT780DX GPU Upgrade

Maverick494

It shouldn't. The 670M GTX is plug and play in that notebook. Perhaps you missed a cable when reassembling or the card is not seated properly?

Have you tried plugging in an external? What vendor is the card from out of curiosity?

It shouldn't. The 670M GTX is plug and play in that notebook. Perhaps you missed a cable when reassembling or the card is not seated properly?

Have you tried plugging in an external? What vendor is the card from out of curiosity?

It was an ebay card from a vendor down in the bay area (408 area code phone number). I didn't have to do anything except take the bottom cover off and remove the fan/heatsink to get at the videocard, so no cables were touched. I can swap the 570M back in with no issues at all.

I tried the HDMI output to my only available TV and it just said format not supported, so I am not sure what exactly it was outputting if anything on the HDMI.

Once I get to 5 posts I might try your unlocked bios Xonar, but I suspect that is not going to change much.

I guess I can use some vbios tweaking tools to setup my 570M to match the 670M settings.

Its not a huge deal, it was just a really good price so I figured I would give it a try.

I flashed my 570M to 670m bios and it all worked on, so maybe there's something wrong with the card, as you mentioned you got it for a killer price. Before buying it, did the owner provide proof of it being in working condition?

Maybe the owner tried to flash an incompatible bios and damaged the card. Is it really a 670m as a matter of fact and not a moded 570m?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2