M14xR2 need help with very bad flash

ur_doom0

I had an issue with A09 where it would make my graphics card not work. I forced A04 using the end key and flash drive method, then I tried to do the same with A09 but it was taking much longer than A04 did, it beeped for a few minutes, then it beeped faster for a while, and then it stopped beeping but did not shut down and restart. After a while I unplugged the power. Now I have nothing at all. No lights, no power, no fans, nothing at all. I have removed the CMOS battery and power cycled it. No response from the computer, not even a beep. I am out of warranty as well since this is a replacement and need to find a way to fix the bios.

I had an issue with A09 where it would make my graphics card not work. I forced A04 using the end key and flash drive method, then I tried to do the same with A09 but it was taking much longer than A04 did, it beeped for a few minutes, then it beeped faster for a while, and then it stopped beeping but did not shut down and restart. After a while I unplugged the power. Now I have nothing at all. No lights, no power, no fans, nothing at all. I have removed the CMOS battery and power cycled it. No response from the computer, not even a beep. I am out of warranty as well since this is a replacement and need to find a way to fix the bios.

If you follow same method again does it power on? Ie no battery in, usb in esata port holding end key and inserting power cord doesn't help? If trying to flash again like that doesn't get a response from the system then it sounds bricked. Im no expert though maybe @svl7 can tell you more.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

I haven't tried it with A04 yet but if i try with A09 on the drive nothing happens at all, no fans, no lights.

Let us know about A04 and make sure there is no files at all other than the bios file on the usb stick. Make sure file name is correct and that it is infact the proper bios file extracted from the normal bios update file. The extension must be correctly renamed. Follow the blind flash instructions explicitly. If you follow all the directions to a T and no sign of life you either need to buy a new motherboard or get the bios chip reprogrammed and resoldered maybe a jtag interface can fix it to. What are you naming the file and where did you get the bios as a source? Let us know how you have it for A04 maybe even post pic of it on usb stick and link to where you downloaded the bios from. It would be better to be certain than not and buy more parts when it was something you could fix.

Also make sure your USB drive is FAT formatted. JTAG is a standard interface for hardware debugging and firmware testing / developing. It will be easier to get a new mobo or solder on a new bios chip than doing this, unless you have access to the necessary equipment... which probably isn't the case, else you wouldn't ask. :)

Also make sure your USB drive is FAT formatted. JTAG is a standard interface for hardware debugging and firmware testing / developing. It will be easier to get a new mobo or solder on a new bios chip than doing this, unless you have access to the necessary equipment... which probably isn't the case, else you wouldn't ask. :)

Thanks bro i forgot that one. Basically if the system isn't powering on by the combo of no battery no ac plugged in and usb in esata and end key held then plugging ac power cord in while holding that end key doesn't have fans turn full then its bricked and it won't matter if the bios file was right since it will not turn on and enter bios recovery. So hopefully its just one of those that has been missed because the motherboard isn't going to be cheap if he can't find someone to help with the bios chip and resoldering it. Svl7 have you reprogrammed these type of chips ever or just gpu vbios chips? I hope it all works out for you @ur_doom0.

M14xR2 does not have eSATA. The two USB ports on the right side are USB 3.0. The single USB port on the left side is USB 2.0 with Powershare (USB charging when the unit is shut off but plugged into mains power). The flash drive MUST be plugged into the left side (USB 2.0) port for the recovery to work.

M14xR2 does not have eSATA. The two USB ports on the right side are USB 3.0. The single USB port on the left side is USB 2.0 with Powershare (USB charging when the unit is shut off but plugged into mains power). The flash drive MUST be plugged into the left side (USB 2.0) port for the recovery to work.

Thanks i was going by memory of m18x methodology