How many screens can the m18x R2 support?

The 7970m can theoretically support up to 6 external screens, I'm not sure whe ther this gets somehow limited by enduro or other design changes, but I think it's totally possible that you can easily run 3 external screens including the internal when using a displayport spliter or similar.

Don't have an M18x R2 though... but would be interesting to hear from someone.

• Founder

I think you can run triple display (if you have an AMD card) but you'd need extra hardware to do it. Here's some info:

1. http://sites.amd.com/us/game/shop/Pages/alienware-m18x.aspx

2. http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/Pages/eyefinity.aspx

• 1 month later...

i have an m18x R2 with ati 7970m crossfire.

what you need to have 3 display:

2 monitor (oh course) :P

1 ACTIVE Mini Display Port to (HDMI or DVI) (passive WON'T work for 2 external display) i used this one (Newegg.ca - XFX Active Mini DisplayPort to SL-DVI Adapter Model MA-AP01-ND1K) but its out of stock.

1 HDMI cable to hdmi or to DVI.

you cannot use the VGA with hdmi and mini display port. its either all digital out or just the analog vga out.

• Thumbs Up 4

i have an m18x R2 with ati 7970m crossfire.

what you need to have 3 display:

2 monitor (oh course) :P

1 ACTIVE Mini Display Port to (HDMI or DVI) (passive WON'T work for 2 external display) i used this one (Newegg.ca - XFX Active Mini DisplayPort to SL-DVI Adapter Model MA-AP01-ND1K) but its out of stock.

1 HDMI cable to hdmi or to DVI.

you cannot use the VGA with hdmi and mini display port. its either all digital out or just the analog vga out.

Thanks for that. I actually need 4 monitors including the build in LCD actually so the AMD question is answered thanks. Unfortunately, I bought one with an Nvidia unit. Just out of interest, how many monitors can the GTX 680m SLI support?

Nothing on their website about how many monitors the mobile version will support.

Ice

• 3 weeks later...

I assume the 680m can also support at least three monitors....?

My ideal set up would be to have my laptop screen as primary and then dual 18.4" screens on the side, ideally with the same panel as the m18x. I don't think 18.4" screens are available, however...

Guest Alienware-L_Porras
I assume the 680m can also support at least three monitors....?

My ideal set up would be to have my laptop screen as primary and then dual 18.4" screens on the side, ideally with the same panel as the m18x. I don't think 18.4" screens are available, however...

Same as the 675m SLI. :P

I always wanted to try that too but never found any similar sized monitors myself.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...