MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hello,

i wish to try MSI gx740 bios on my medion but I wish to know what new option I could use.

excuse my lack of english.

How can i download it ?

thx a lot

For your notebook just some CPU overclocking settings. The memory settings can't be accessed because "Chipset" doesn't exist.

Minimum Post Requirements (updated 7/21/12)

• You must have a minimum of 5 posts to send a private message, download attachment, send another member an e-mail, set a custom avatar, download files from the forum download section or upload photos to a personal album.
  • Any attempt to circumvent this requirement with spam posts or e-mail requests for files will result in an infraction. Continued abuse of the forum rule will result in a permanent ban. There will be no appeals made once an administrator or super moderator has banned you permanently from this forum.

Now go make four quality posts if you want to download attachments.

Got a MSI GT70 with Intel Core i7 3740QM QS if you need.

I've found a duplicated item in your modified BIOS, there is 2 time the option to make the MSI logo appear at startup but only one work.

Sorry for my english, I will post a picture to show you :)

EDIT :

Here, same option, only the second work :

201210200321.th.jpg

BIOS version and system informations if you need :

201210200320.th.jpg

Haha yeah, it happens sometimes. No big deal though.

• Thumbs Up 1

can someone help me. I have a msi gx660 its 16f1, i enter the advance bios by pressing "shift+ctrl+alt+insert", to my stupidity i enable the SC (switchable graphic) somewhere in the advance tab or in the northbridge i think i forgot it. then save and exit, after that, there no video display anymore,

Things i did was to unplugged the ac , battery , holding down power button. Still didn't worked.

I try to pull out the CMOS battery then leave for 15mins, short the battery, pressing the power button several times still didn't worked....

I try to recover the bios... ,

created a blank disc with my bios from the msi website provided to my gx660 , rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM, AMIBIOS.ROM, put in dvd drive, power on the laptop and PRESSING ctrl + home, there is an activity for about 2 second then gone waited for several minutes didn't hear any beep

I try a FLASH DRIVE

put in the bios , rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM, power on the laptop then pressing ctrl + home, there is an activity but just a fraction of a second then gone, waited for a beep sound nothing came out. try to shutdown by holding the power button for a while til gone but when i power on the laptop still nothing happened.....

Please someone could help me, just share your any good idea what has to be done.

I would think that this destroy my vcard? the 5870m. I try reseating it , even the memory, cpu , harddisk, i even pull out the led screen and use a extended lcd monitor still nothing happened.

I'm hopeless..............

Thanks for the work Xonar.

Will test the GT60 bios later today. UDS 5 donation was quicker then 5 posts ;)

a couple of question

I currently have the 10M bios (not the original 30M), but there are already a RAID option in that bios. I did not test it as my setting is not RAID. IS the for display only ?

Is that correct to assume that your modified bios isworking fine with the Beta EC released by MSI

BETA EC for GT60 (16F3) & GT70 (1762)

thanks

@bertox2009 I'm sorry to hear that. It looks like you've taken all logical steps to fixing the situation... resetting CMOS, recovery, external LCD, etc.

Do you have any spare MXM 3.0b cards to test?

Thanks for the concerns, Xonar. But unfortunately i don't have any spare parts to swap for testing. What do think could be the problem? cause it all started when i enable those unnecessary setting in the advance bios, (Switchable Graphic). I thought it was just easy to reset....

Thanks for the work Xonar.

Will test the GT60 bios later today. UDS 5 donation was quicker then 5 posts ;)

a couple of question

I currently have the 10M bios (not the original 30M), but there are already a RAID option in that bios. I did not test it as my setting is not RAID. IS the for display only ?

Is that correct to assume that your modified bios isworking fine with the Beta EC released by MSI

thanks

You can always disable RAID in the BIOS. There's no sense in having a RAID and non-RAID BIOS when all that is different is one option that is user-configurable. It's just more work for me.

I don't know about the EC, I don't have your notebook to test it with. Although, I don't see a reason for it not to work.

Thanks for the concerns, Xonar. But unfortunately i don't have any spare parts to swap for testing. What do think could be the problem? cause it all started when i enable those unnecessary setting in the advance bios, (Switchable Graphic). I thought it was just easy to reset....

A simple CMOS reset is usually the answer, perhaps try it again? It should load all settings to default.

I did flash withput any issue and was able to overclock the CPU.

I dont find the option to set memory speed. Can someone point it out ?

thanks

Which notebook? Some notebooks don't have the Chipset tab & memory options available. If it's a 3rd gen Intel notebook then I believe that I have a work-around to the memory settings menu missing. If it's a 1st-gen notebook, you're probably out of luck (Although some 1st-gen Intel MSI's can accept the barebone BIOS which has the memory settings in a user-accessible chapter).

Which notebook? Some notebooks don't have the Chipset tab & memory options available. If it's a 3rd gen Intel notebook then I believe that I have a work-around to the memory settings menu missing. If it's a 1st-gen notebook, you're probably out of luck (Although some 1st-gen Intel MSI's can accept the barebone BIOS which has the memory settings in a user-accessible chapter).

It is a GT60

Thx

I don't understand why MSI would block features on their GT Series laptops. It has a lot of potential. Maybe there is a liability issue?

Yep, imagine all the people that would change settings without realizing the repercussions and end up with a paperweight (and not knowing how to fix it either).

Hi,

i got a GT780 DXR, can someone tell me which features can unlocked if i flash xonars modded bios?

Basically look at the second post with the pictures.

Does the GT780DX bios contain any specific allowances for specific video cards?

do the white book bios mess up a retail notebook if you use them on it? The white book bios seem more up to date than the retail laptop.

Question 1: No, it is the same. MSI doesn't blacklist or whitelist GPUs, that's why they generally have the best compatibility with other vendors' cards.

Question 2: Yes, some functions may not work properly. The update date doesn't really matter... most of the updates are useless and MSI doesn't provide changelogs so only they know what's really been changed.

Question 1: No, it is the same. MSI doesn't blacklist or whitelist GPUs, that's why they generally have the best compatibility with other vendors' cards.

Question 2: Yes, some functions may not work properly. The update date doesn't really matter... most of the updates are useless and MSI doesn't provide changelogs so only they know what's really been changed.

Shoot, that means that I don't understand why this GTX670M is not working. I bought one for a steal and it just gives me no boot. Blank black screen.

idk if this was asked earlier, but does the 1762 barebone unlocked one, updated to support the 680m?

Welcome to T|I Paul.

As far as I know, only the GT60/GT70 officially support the 680M GTX. I don't know if anyone's tried it in a 1762 or 16F3.

hmmm im at an impass here.. Ok if you guys can offer some help i would very much appreciate it. I bought a custom laptop from cyberpowerpc (they wont give me the original bios to revert to). It uses the 1762 barebone and i bought it with the 680m in it, so am i just screwed? And to make it worse i decided to flash the gt 70 bios (at the msi website) and i could only install the intel driver to work partially. Then i tried an unlocked 1762 bios (svet made for someone) and i cant install any video driver to work, and i dont have 5 posts yet so i cant try yours... (unless someone has a E1762IG6.30J then im screwed i think...) ive uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers so many times, idk what to do, and if i send it in illhave to wait about a month + for them to fix it...